Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Technicolor 582ns with IPv6 firmware for testing

BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Technicolor 582ns with IPv6 firmware for testing

Hi all - I've got a small stack of Technicolor 582ns with IPv6 firmware to send out if you'd like to test one.
If so - please PM me your Plusnet username. It's important that you're already trialling IPv6 with your own hardware and using one of our special usernames as I don't have any more IPv6 accounts to give out.
The routers will be sent out in the next few days, possibly the start of next week (after they've all been flashed) and there will be a short feedback sheet to fill out.
Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8
AxeMurderer
Grafter

Re: Technicolor 582ns with IPv6 firmware for testing

Go on then. I'll test one. It will be interesting to compare it to my Billion for IPv6. But what do you guys want to get out of the trial?
mxs
Grafter

I assume the 582ns is an adsl modem/router only?  (googled it but could only find references to a 582n so I assume the ns is just an evolution of it)
Any word on updated firmware for the Netgear wnr1000v3 as supplied with fibre or are you considering alternatives for that also?
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

@AxeMurderer
I'll add you to the list; I'm just waiting for some stock form the warehouse.
We know that the routers work on IPv6 (I have one on my desk!) but we'd like to know how they perform across a variety of lines and what peoples general thoughts and feelings are about them.
@mxs
582ns being the plural of 582n! Sorry for any confusion there.
I don't have any information on the WNR1000 with regards to IPv6, the main concern with that router would be compatibility with PPPoE and wireless throughput.
AxeMurderer
Grafter

Ah, I might have been having a dim moment. I'm on fibre so, although I have an IPv6 test account, I can't make use of this unless it can be used with fibre/has a WAN port.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

We think that the IPv6 test firmware is compatible with FTTx, we'd certainly be interested in the results! Am I OK to pop you on the list?
P.S. I'm hoping for stock to be delivered to me in the middle of next week, but with the Christmas post as it is I expect deliveries to testers to be a little sporadic!
mxs
Grafter

Feel free to stick me on the list if you want to test them on compatibility with ipv6 on FTTC (if you just wanna risk the one then by all means send it to axemurderer first though). 
AxeMurderer
Grafter

OK, if it is, or might be, fibre-compatible, I'm in (again)!
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Sorry about the delay, still waiting to get the routers in; hopeful I can get them out again before my Christmas hols!
I've still got a couple un-allocated so please feel free to pm me if you're already on the IPv6 trial and would like to test a Technicolor 582n.
Edit:
Routers sent! Hopefully they'll be with you before Christmas Smiley
I've got two left, I'd prefer to hold these for FTTP customers but if you'd like to test one for FTTC / ADSL IPv6 please drop me a PM and I'll let you know if I can spare one.