cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Santa delivered my Technicolor TG582N Early...

WelshPaul
Grafter

Santa delivered my Technicolor TG582N Early...

Well i got a knock on the door this morning and err well ok it was not Santa but my postman with a parcel from Plusnet, Opened it up and sure enough it was my Trial router and well here are my thoughts...
Now i'm rather fussy after all i just spent £140 on a DGND3700 only a fortnight ago, at first i thought oh the Technicolor TG582N looks well errr cheap but i wouldn't go as far as to say nasty but strangely enough after just a couple of minutes it kinda grew on me and now it's on my desk i actually like the look of it!  Huh
Setup was painless and rather straight forward, only niggle for me is the GUI pages seem slow to load when browsing 192.168.1.254 but i am using wireless and im rather far away from the router so more testing on that me thinks! Wifi signal strength seems pretty darn good, only negative thing i noticed so far is my Downstream snr after connecting up the router was low: SN Margin (Up/Down) [dB]: 6,0 / 2,9
My connection will drop later this evening as it drops by 3+db come the evenings but this is a trial and as i have a primary 30MB cable broadband connection  in my home i'm not to worried lol
Let the trial begin, oh and merry chrismas everyone!  Cheesy
5 REPLIES 5
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

Re: Santa delivered my Technicolor TG582N Early...

So was your router sent yesterday? I am hoping my router will turn up today.
Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been VERY impressed with the post this Christmas, all my eBay and other mail order purchases both first and second class have arrived next day.
Well done Royal Mail !  Smiley
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

My router has arrived as well! YAY!
CX
Grafter

Quote from: purleigh
I have been VERY impressed with the post this Christmas, all my eBay and other mail order purchases both first and second class have arrived next day.

Likewise. I ordered an eSATA to SATA cable at around 3pm yesterday and it arrived through my letterbox 9:30 this morning. They're doing a great job.
WelshPaul
Grafter

Ok well still going well, not a single drop out to date, very stable wireless and dsl connection.
Two things though when i setup the router the default username was Administrator would be better being admin like every other router i have ever used oh and also there was no tick in the Time configuration auto configuration box so the date and time of the router was off by 10 years not good if you want to know when something occurred in the logs.
Every time i have done a test over at http://test-ipv6.com/ i have scored 10/10 every time.