dasx199
avatastic
petertaylor
brueton
mxs
podman
Epyon
SA
We're about to start the IPv6 trial (the network is ready and we have a couple of staff members using it already). We've not tested much in the way of CPE yet (we have a Zyxel and Cisco working fine and a Linux box with DHCPv6 connected to a router in bridge mode) so we won't be able to offer much help in terms of setting up the router.
If you already have IPv6 capable kit then please reply and I'll start dishing out the IPv6 usernames to use.
Dave
Dave Tomlinson
Enterprise Architect - Network & OSS
Plusnet Technology
35 REPLIES 35
mxs
Grafter

Re: IPv6 Trial

On FTTC and the firmware for the supplied netgear router does not seem to be available yet so will be running with a linux box connected directly to the fibre modem.  Have got the box setup with a clean linux install just need to fiddle with the ipv6 config to get it up and running.
Will not run it full time to begin with until I can replicate my current server stuff over to the new one and make sure the firewalls are working properly but will keep it up as much as I can in the meantime.
Have to say that considering how long ipv6 has been around the support in CPE for it is pretty shocking.  Cheesy
brueton
Grafter

Please send me username details, I am ready to test my  "ipv6 capable kit".
Epyon
Grafter

Ready lets give it a try Tongue
AxeMurderer
Grafter

If you are still taking further triallists, I am willing to have a go. I have IPV6 capable CPE, in theory at least... So if you want the feedback of a moderately technical consumer, count me in.
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Epyon, brueton and mxs - details sent via PM.
AxeMurderer - I've got a couple of spare usernames so I'll send you one over via PM, feel free to try it out and let us know how you get on.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
Epyon
Grafter

Tunneling working
Native IPv6 is a bit of a pain to get running will get it working tomorrow Lips_are_sealed
dasx199
Dabbler

My kits ipv6 ready. Can you send me a user?
MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

Ready when you are Dave! Smiley
[Edit: In case you are collecting such info I'm using a Cisco 837 and various clients including Linux, Win 7, Win Mobile and a cat feeder!]
Mathew
David_W
Rising Star

I'm all set for IPV6 Smiley
MrC
Grafter

I'm as ready as I'll ever be Smiley
dave
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 4

Not given out the usernames to everyone yet, anyone else on the list that wants to take part in the trial please let me know and I'll let you have the username.
Dave Tomlinson
Plusnet Technology
SimonHobson
Rising Star

I don't want to sound rude, but what was the point signing up for the trial if we then have to ask to get going on it ? Surely the most efficient thing would be to let those who signed up have the information they need ?
I've been ready and waiting for a while now ...
dick:quote
MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

I don't wish to sound rude either Wink but a key part of any user trial is that their is proactive involvement of the all members and so, by definition, if the potential members don't see the forum announcements that the trial is ready to go and how to go about getting up-and-running then they might not suit the desired profile! At least by asking for volunteers and then getting those interested parties to actively request the login credentials you stand a good chance of weeding out those that thought they'd just put their name up for the sake of it (I'm not saying we've got any of those, but it does happen).
Mathew
SimonHobson
Rising Star

Quote from: MJN
I don't wish to sound rude either Wink but a key part of any user trial is that their is proactive involvement of the all members and so, by definition, if the potential members don't see the forum announcements that the trial is ready to go and how to go about getting up-and-running then they might not suit the desired profile!

Well that is very true, but then some of us were waiting for an update - after all, there has been a long thread discussing when it would be, and another one collecting names. Silly me for thinking that someone at PlusNet might think - I know, lets update a thread that everyone interested will be subscribed to and automatically get notified about Roll_eyes I vaguely recall (I'm not looking back through 16 pages to look for it now) that some time ago in that long thread it was suggested we'd be sent the details when PlusNet were ready (at an unspecified time in the future).
Of course, if you think it's efficient use of your time to go randomly checking a forum for an announcement that may, or may not, be made at some unspecified time then that's your prerogative. Personally, I think the fact that I actively asked to be on the trial should be sufficient to signify interest.
I admit that it wasn't quite in "in a locked filing cabinet, is a disused lavatory, with a sign on the door saying beware of the leopard" category  Tongue