cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPv6 Trial Tests and Feedback

spiralphenomena

Re: IPv6 Trial Tests and Feedback

Hello,
When the next trial of IPv6 happens I would like to be on the list.
Thank you,
Martin
ZeroCool

I'd like to be on the next trial. Xbox One owner you see.
That and I'm a budding Cisco engineer, but lets be honest I'll mostly be playing games.
I have a Cisco ASA 5505 doing the PPPoE with the Openreach modem and I'm a business customer.
Toady

If this ever starts again, I'd also really like to join the trial.
Cisco 867VAE, currently using a Sixxs 6in4 tunnel to provide IPv6 - sure it works but native IPv6 is the way to go...
Anonymous
Not applicable

What's with all this wanting to be on the next trial ?
We need to be SHOUTING that we want IPv6 as part of the standard Plusnet package.
No more trials, no more waiting indefinitely, just give us native IPv6 !,  other ISPs can already do it.
I've been IPv6 ready for over a year using the H.E.tunnel, and could switch to native IPv6 within minutes of it becoming available.
Roll_eyes
MrToast
Grafter

Quote from: purleigh
We need to beSHOUTING that we want IPv6 as part of the standard Plusnet package.

I'm not sure shouting will do anything.
Are you prepared to either pay more or move to another provider for it? If not why would PN introduce a new service that will have a cost before they have to?
Personally I would favour IPv6 and choose an ISP that offered it of all else was more or less equal. But at present its not an immediate obstacle to me to rely on IPv4.
So I guess its for PN and other ISPs to decide when it in their interests to start offering dual stacked IPv4/IPv6. If they think its at a point where they will do more business then I expect they would make that move.
chrcoluk
Grafter

A director of an isp on his blog has clarified what I long suspected, although ipv6 will have a small cost, the cost of implementing cg-nat is greater.
I dont think ipv6 will progress on plusnet soon as it doesnt work on their new gateways and they are too busy fixing other issues on those gateways before thinking about adding ipv6 to them.
summers
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Am wondering what the official (plusnet) status of the IPv6 trial is? Its been going on, on and off, for something like 5 years. Now in that time, I would have expected plusnet to learn what they wanted to get to know from the trial. But there is no statement about completion of the trial, no statement about what has been learnt.
So from here on the consumer side, it looks strongly like IPv6 has been dropped from plusnets active projects, I can't see any development work being carried out.
Can plusnet make an (informal) statement about what the status is? Is there any plan for a way forward?
jedi98
Grafter

Yes, indeed, maybe the marketing committee should move towards making some important decisions - like what colour it should be and whether the customers want IPv6 that can be fitted nasally!
(Sorry Wink couldn't resist that)
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Quote from: summers
So from here on the consumer side, it looks strongly like IPv6 has been dropped from plusnets active projects, I can't see any development work being carried out.

That's not the case, it's still on the radar. Don't ask me for timescales though Lips_are_sealed Wink
Quote from: summers
Can plusnet make an (informal) statement about what the status is? Is there any plan for a way forward?

The limited trials, whilst helpful at the time, are unlikely to expand in their current format. At the risk of being a bit crytpic, there are imminent (ish) changes that will render the trials in their current format somewhat moot.

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

I presume you are referring to the new network (news of which escaped today)?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
bobpullen
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 315

Yes, it's related to the thread I assume you're referring to Wink

Bob Pullen
Plusnet Product Team
If I've been helpful then please give thanks ⤵

summers
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: Bob
That's not the case, it's still on the radar. Don't ask me for timescales though Lips_are_sealed Wink
The limited trials, whilst helpful at the time, are unlikely to expand in their current format. At the risk of being a bit crytpic, there are imminent (ish) changes that will render the trials in their current format somewhat moot.

Thanks Bob, even limited information is good. Am glad something is going forward anyway.
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

But in that thread HarryB  says at http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,147447.msg1298330.html#msg1298330
Not yet. We don't currently have any time scale for this. We don't have any further comments on this at the moment.
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

What I've said is correct.
Quote from: Bob
Don't ask me for timescales though Lips_are_sealed Wink

Quote from: HarryB
Not yet. We don't currently have any time scale for this. We don't have any further comments on this at the moment.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
SpendLessTime
Hero
Fixes: 86

@harryb
Yes both you and Bob said, "no time scales" but Bob also said "imminent (ish)" which implies a predictable time scale.
However I know you cannot comment but I did want to point out the inconsistency between the 2 statements.
So I'll leave it there and watch from the sidelines with my pop corn (implied not actual)
Ex - Plusnet Customer (2009 - 2023) now with BT