cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IPv6 Trial - Space for a couple more

smyles

Re: IPv6 Trial - Space for a couple more

I'd be very happy to help. I have a variety of IPv6 capable routers from Cisco, Linksys and some with open-source OpenWRT derivatives too. I have Windows, Linux and OpenBSD machines available and a variety of other IPv6 capable end-devices such as network cameras, NAS, and printer.
alanhulme

Quote from: PeteB
What version of firmware are you using on the 7800N? You said "the latest"
I am using 1.06d, which is the latest on the Billion UK website, and left the connection on PPPoA, without problems.
PB

I'm currently on 1.06d.
I will give it a try.
EDIT: Thanks Pete, now connected through PPPoA. No problems on all on all 4 desktops. Page load times have quickened noticeably too. Now to connect my Samsung Galaxy S using IPv6 Wink
blooblah

Quote from: dave
Hi,
If anyone missed out on being on the original list and has a router and PC capable of supporting IPv6 please let me know as I have a couple of accounts spare.

Hi Dave....some how I managed to miss Plusnet's involvement in World IPv6 Day but if the trial is going to continue after today I'd be keen to get involved - I kinda have a vested interest in the widespread adoption of IPv6 🙂
scsmith

If I haven't missed it I'd also be able to test IPv6. I have a vigor 120 that links to a linksys WRT160NL running ddwrt. I also have access to a few servers running on IPv6 so I'd be interested in giving this a go.
alanhulme

I haven't come across any problems as of yet on all desktops or laptops. Is there any chance IPv6 could be enabled on my default account, as in alanhulme@plusdsl.net?
Now I know all my systems are compatible and unaffected by the chance, could it simply be switched on?
chrissykes

Hi im new to Plunet, litterally monday last week i switched over, i have a Billion 7800N on the latest firmware and would like to give IPV6 a go?
jtenniswood

Can I get in on the trial, I have a new fiber connection and an apple time capsule that's ipv6 supported.
knightnet

I've also a 7800N and been messing with an HE tunnel (see the other trial thread) & would love to get the router going. I've got a 3 or 4 Windows 7 PC's on the LAN plus an iPad, iPhone and iPod plus some other kit around to give v6 a good kicking. I've also got access to DNS on the Internet.
hazzamon
Grafter

I have just got a Netgear WNDR4000 with a Draytek Vigor 120; and also would like to get involved in the trial if possible. Smiley
avatastic
Grafter

I'm happy to give up my space in the trial. I ran it successfully for IPv6 day and now know what I need to do when IPv6 is an option on user accounts.
Please keep me in mind for adding IPv6 to active accounts.
A.
F9 member since 4 Sep 1999
F9 ADSL customer since 27 Aug 2004
DLM manages your line the same way DRM manages your rights.
Look at all the pretty graphs! (now with uptime logging!)
Rechunga

I'm interested in the IPv6 trial. I'm currently connected to HE with a Cisco 837 single stack with NAT64/DNS64.  I've successfully killed 127.0.0.1 and the web still lives. 
chrisvm

Also interested in IPv6 if you are still looking for guinea pigs.  I have a Draytek 2750 on VDSL that claims to have IPv6 support.  Attachment has the ipv6 options if this helps determine compatibility
fourfourdevon
Grafter

I put my name down early on for the IPv6 trial, how come no one has contacted me from Plus Net?
MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

You were indeed on the list - where've you been?! We've been having a ball! Wink
Check out this thread. We had to respond to confirm availability/capability and got the login credentials in return. Hopefully Plusnet can still get you onboard.
Mathew
SimonHobson
Rising Star

Quote from: fourfourdevon
I put my name down early on for the IPv6 trial, how come no one has contacted me from Plus Net?

Ah, nice to see it wasn't just me who took at face value a suggestion that "we'll give you the login details when were ready" actually meant that rather than "we'll ask again in a different thread that you might not notice we've created and you'll have to ask again" Roll_eyes
Quote from: MJN
Hopefully Plusnet can still get you onboard.

Well I didn't even get a reply to my message - not even a "sod off we're all done here".