cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Going to try the Thomson/Technicolor TG582N

battletux
Dabbler

Going to try the Thomson/Technicolor TG582N

Having a right nightmare trying to get the IPv6 account I have working, plus matters at home have gotten rarther complicated with the early and iminant arrival of my 2nd child and the wife needing a heart op I've given up trying to get anythiong out of my Vigor 120 and pfsense. As such I'm going to give the Technicolor TG582N a go as it claims to be IPv6 ready and I managed to get one on ebay for less than £9.
I'll let you know if it works.....

Also on a side note, it is possible to get the IPv6 range that is assigned to the login I have? As when using the Vigor 120 the furthest I managed to get was a link local address.
1 REPLY 1
MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: Going to try the Thomson/Technicolor TG582N

Firstly, congratulations on the new arrival and I hope all goes well with everything else that's going on.
Quote from: battletux
it is possible to get the IPv6 range that is assigned to the login I have? As when using the Vigor 120 the furthest I managed to get was a link local address.

Even knowing the range you'll be assigned you won't get very far without obtaining it via DHCP as, if my understanding is correct, the routing for the prefix only gets established at Plusnet's end following a successful DHCP assignment. To put it another way; I don't think you would be able to statically assign the prefix to the router because Plusnet won't route traffic towards towards it if there has been no DHCP dialogue.
Mathew