cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FTTC/IPv6 - Netgear WNR1000v3

mxs
Grafter

FTTC/IPv6 - Netgear WNR1000v3

Looks like netgear has released the firmware with ipv6 enabled for the wnr1000v3 now for those on FTTC who have one, are on the trial and fancy giving it a go.   I have seen a few reports of instability with the patch in general so I would have the older firmware at the ready to downgrade just in case.
Not tried it here yet but will dust off the router and get it fired up and see how it goes this weekend when I get a chance.
Firmware info/link:
WNR1000v3 Firmware Version 1.0.2.42
New Features:
   Schedule-based Wi-Fi on/off.
   Port forwarding mapping.
   24-hour disc/conn.
   L2TP.
   IGMP proxying & multicast.
   IPv6.
   Desktop Genie support.
   CD-less Wizard.
   New GUI w/ Turkish language support.
   Preset wifi security.
Download page
2 REPLIES 2
mxs
Grafter

Re: FTTC/IPv6 - Netgear WNR1000v3

Played around with this patch yesterday but not having much joy getting ipv6 working so far - only thing I  have not tried is a static config (need to figure out settings there).  The logging on the netgear seems pretty minimal and none of the connection negotiation/ipv6 stuff is shown which makes trying to figure out what is going on tricky to say the least. 😛    Next plan when I get a chance is to try and find out if there is any way to get access to full logs or some kind of debug mode.
No problems with the stability of the patch so far but I am not using wireless to connect (which is where the reported problems seem to be) - I am just using a laptop connected directly via cable for testing until it is up and running to rule out any other setup issues.
Few screenshots of the new UI and ipv6 setup options follow for anyone thinking about applying the patch and/or interested...  tested modes so far:
Auto Detect - after a short delay it detects the type as a 6to4 tunnel (would assume that is the 'default' when no other ipv6 connection types are detected)
DHCP - no ipv6 address detected (nothing in log either)
PPPoE - no ipv6 address detected (nothing in log either) - login/password here seem to be linked to the normal router setup so not sure why it is repeated here (blanking out login/password in normal router setup screen and then updating them here results in the fields on the normal screen being changed also)
Auto Config - no ipv6 address detected (nothing in log either)
Will post any more info I find when I get time for round 2. Wink
david12344321
Dabbler

Re: FTTC/IPv6 - Netgear WNR1000v3

I wonder if you can help me, i was having problems getting 150mbps (it would stick on 65mbps) on the wnr1000v3 on plusnet fttc.
i downgraded the firmware to WNR1000v3-V1.0.2.18_47.0.52.chk from the plusnet firmware. but it made no difference
But I now cant get back to the latest WNR1000v3-V1.0.2.28_52.0.60.chk firmware.
the router keeps saying 'firmware upgrade failed. please check your file'
i have tried :-
pressing reset button for 30 secs
pressing reset button then powering unit up and holding for 30 secs
every firmware available for the v3
using firefox with java disabled.
pressing wifi and wps together with unit powerd off, powering on and powerded on.
The auto check detects the new updated file on netgear website but produces an -1 unknown error
downloading firmware file by other means.
i also used a direct ethernet cable to router.
could someone post a link to new or older plusnet firmware please, the netgear link is down, maybe for the ipv6 problems reason
or could give me a clue how to get the router to accept new firmware
cheers