cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

DrayTek blog - "Whatever happened to IPv6"

Anonymous
Not applicable

DrayTek blog - "Whatever happened to IPv6"

You might be interested to read this DrayTek blog on where they think IPv6 has got to -
          Whatever happened to IPv6 (Part 1)
Roll_eyes
3 REPLIES 3
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: DrayTek blog - "Whatever happened to IPv6"

Barrier : ISPs treating IPv6 as a luxury
To add insult to injury, some ISPs are treating IPv6 as a premium or luxury service, rather than an eventual necessity. We , ourselves, needed an additional Internet connection, so we spoke to a popular UK based ISP - Easynet. They offered us a line, routed IPv4 subnet and also confirmed they could offer IPv6. Great... then they told us that there would be a £1000 (yes, £1000!) fee to enable IPv6 on the line. Yes, really, one thousand Pounds (Approximately US$1600). The world needs to move to IPv6 - ISPs should be at the forefront of promoting and encouraging that, not putting a £1000 tax hurdle in to discourage it.

What a great marketing opportunity for Plusnet. Launch IPv6 for everyone then run an advertising campaign saying Plusnet are £1000 cheaper than the equivalent service from Easynet! Grin Grin Grin
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
pjmarsh
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 20

Jelv, don't go giving the marketing guys ideas.  They probably charge £990 and advertise it as £10 cheaper than Easynet!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

I hope that's a one-off charge and not monthly  Lips_are_sealed
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.