@sjrinfroyle
Glad you got it working Smiley
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

Re: Billion 7800N: Not Working!

Quote from: Ben
Glad you got it working

Thanks to PeteB!
Ben, I think there seems to be some incompatibility between the Billion 7800N and the Plusnet RADIUS. As two users (PeteB and myself) have experienced this problem, other users could be experiencing it as well. Do you think I should email Billion to let them know or is it something for Plusnet to look at? I understand that this is the point of the trial to alleviate these problems before the product gets released.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I'd recommend you hold fire and test with the Technicolor 582n first, just to make sure there is an issue with the Billion. Is there any documentation available to show what the Billion does actually support?
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

I'd recommend you hold fire and test with the Technicolor 582n first, just to make sure there is an issue with the Billion.

Okay, I'll do that! Will it be sent First Class and will it be trackable?
Is there any documentation available to show what the Billion does actually support?

There isn't any as far as I am aware, IPv6 support was only added in a recent firmware update. After I've got the Technicolor in my hands I will be able to let you know! Does it have gigabit ethernet or 802.11N WiFi?
Once I get it I will need to get the target SNR reset to let me use it to it's max speed: As I tweak my connection a lot, this has caused the target SNR to go up, but with tweaking I have been able to get it down again. I have seen some good reports of line performance on this router so hopefully it performs well!
David_W
Rising Star

Home networking experience will definitely change with the Technicolor TG582n. With an improved coverage and throughput compared to any 11b/g or 1x1 11n access point (from 54 to 65 Mbps), the Technicolor TG582n doubles the bandwidth and improves the link stability, coverage and coexistence with other access points in the neighbourhood.
The Technicolor TG582n is a high performant router: with a simultaneous operation of 802.11b, 802.11g and 802.11n 2x2, speed, security and performance are guaranteed. Featuring an integrated 10/100Mbps 4-port switch, the Technicolor TG582n offers seamless connection of wired and wireless devices from anywhere in the home.
The integrated modem supports ADSL, ADSL2, and ADSL2+.

So yes, it's Wireless N but no, it's not GbE.
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

Quote from: David
So yes, it's Wireless N but no, it's not GbE.

That's not too bad. I am slightly disappointment at a wireless N speed of only 65Mbps when my Billion can do 130Mbps but I'll be able to test it in the real world when I receive it!
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Quote from: sjrinfroyle
Will it be sent First Class

Yes
will it be trackable?

No
Does it have gigabit ethernet

No
802.11N WiFi?

Yes
I've got one on my desk and it does pretty well... Still waiting for today's post though!
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

Ben, will you be able to get the target SNR reset or will I have to ask on the other forum as I don't really mind.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I can do it, do you want to wait until you get the new router or go for it today?
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

do you want to wait until you get the new router or go for it today?

First of all, thanks Ben! Did anybody ever mention that you are awesome? I'll wait until the new router arrives.
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Heh, thanks, I try my best Smiley I'll be away between Christmas and New Year so if the router arrives then, pop a post in the Broadband & Routers forum and one of my colleagues from Digi Care will be happy to do the reset for you. If you get the router tomorrow, drop me a pm Smiley
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

If you get the router tomorrow, drop me a pm Smiley

Will do. Has the post arrived yet Smiley
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Just in! I'll PM everyone with a few instructions when I send them out.
sjrinfroyle
Grafter

Are the routers going to be in the post today do you think? I can't wait!
David_W
Rising Star

I think Ben is flashing them with the IPV6 firmware before sending them all out, we should buy him a pack of hobnobs to keep him pleased whilst he works Smiley