Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Android + ipv6 = trouble

paulmh5
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: Android + ipv6 = trouble

I've never had any issues with my Nexus 5 and 7 that I've been able to put down to IPv6 anyway.
I have had them get stuck installing apps buts its cleared up after a day or so.  I'd be interested to know where its trying to download the app from.
Plusnet Staff - Lead Network Design/Delivery Engineer
HairyMcbiker
All Star
Fixes: 21

I haven't played with MTU's on the droid's as a simple disable fixes it.
I don't know and without a wireshark of the wifi I will not be tracing it, as I said life's to short.
It maybe different on "branded" devices, but all mine are cheap China tablets that work apart from this ipv6 issue with play store. As I say I can surf the store and it shows in the taskbar as downloading then just sits there. Disable v6 and off it goes, so it is not trying to download from an v6 address. Same thing happens if I push it from the pc via the store, it appears on the tb and just halts until v6 is off. (I need to stop and restart the download to get it to download though)
MJN
Pro
Fixes: 5

If you do ever get chance to resurrect the troubleshooting you could try and influence the MTU setting on your tablets by modifying the the MTU of the link in the RA messages sent by the router:
=>:ip rt6advd ifdetach intf LocalNetwork
=>:ip rt6advd ifconfig intf LocalNetwork linkmtu 1492
=>:ip rt6advd ifattach intf LocalNetwork
AndyH
Grafter

When I tried that on the TG582N, I had to set the MTU to 1400 - for some reason anything above that gave an error.