cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

wrong phone line connected???????

whistler58

wrong phone line connected???????

What can i do. Is there any further help out there. I'll be brief. Orderrd bb and phone line with calls back in November. Ive had problem after problem and finally yesterday i got the emails saying youre internet is now up and running and now have a new working phone linr with a new number.  My young son was so happy.But not for long.  Followed instructions but still no bb or usable phone line. Having been in electical contracting for many years i checked the phone number. It was still my old unusable phone number. The penny dropped. Attached to my outside wall is a box owned by Tunstall telecom it serves a lifeline system for the localized community. I think the wrong line has been actioned at the exchange.phoned every help line i can and an engineer from pn is due next week. If my suspicion is correct has the pn engineer the authority to carry out works at the exchange.? Thanks for any suggestions. 
9 REPLIES 9
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: wrong phone line connected???????

Well the simple answer to that would be no, as Plusnet do not have any engineers, they use Openreach like all the other ISPs.
whistler58

Thanks for that info Mook, hopefully the Openreach engineer can sort it out on the day. Ive tried my apparent new phone number and all i get is a couple of short beeps followed by a couple more slightly higher pitched beep and after 4 to 5 seconds it cuts off??  Mysteries  at Xmas????
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the forums!
A colleague actually asked me about this yesterday when you got in touch via webchat.
I gave our suppliers a call for him, advised that the line doesn't ring when we call it and can't make outbound calls. I also explained that you'd dialled 17070 and it had read back your old telephone number, not the one that they had advised they had activated and tested on the line. I was essentially told "The order is complete and everything is working fine, our line test shows the line is currently in use!" Shocked
When I tried to push back on this, I was told that as the order is complete, we'd need to go through the faults process Undecided
The fault had already been raised by this point, so unfortunately there wasn't much more I could do.
I do apologise for any inconvenience this is causing you, especially over Christmas, and I hope it's resolved when the engineer visit goes ahead on the 29th.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
whistler58

Thanks for your input HarryB. Fyi, because this involves a line for ar risk and the vunerabke and disabled the district council and Tunstall telecom are now involved. But i said although im being billed when someone pulls an emergency cord at least or i hope the line carries on working until the 29th. And then perhaps after my 5weeks waiting I'll get my line my broadband and the kids off my back. Anyways happy christmas to all.
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've just checked the status of the fault and it's showing as 'cleared', can you let us know if the right number is now working or not?
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
whistler58

Hi Chris. Thanks. The OR man agreed that my line had been incorrectly connected .Took him about 20minutes and a cup of tea to fix phone and broadband issues but im still left with a phone bill from others usage. Its a small amount but there is a principle. Also still very miffed at the time it took to get everything up and  running  correctly. I also hope the speeds I'm getting improve otherwise I'll have to look at  getting fibre and dread the thought of how long it would take.????
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Glad to hear the issue with the phone has been resolved. We'll make sure to issue a refund for those call charges once the invoice with them has been generated and cleared Smiley
I've checked your line regarding the speeds and it looks like it's currently in sync at 17426 which is above the estimates of 12.5Mbps. What sort of speeds are you seeing on a wired connection at the moment?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
whistler58

The best ive been getting is around 7,Normally early evening onwards but having just checked at 13.45 , im getting my best results yet of around 13Mbps.?  Will it drop tonight?Huh
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I've just submitted a line reset which should bring the speeds back to what you've been used to receiving.
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team