cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

why do i have call barring charges.

FIXED
Jedmcd

why do i have call barring charges.

I understand what they are and why. But why have i been charged them whenever my bill is over £40 and yet my credit limit is £75.
9 REPLIES 9
AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Re: why do i have call barring charges.

Minivanman
Legend
Fixes: 1

Look after the corporate pennies, and the pounds will look after themselves

Truth is like a threshing machine; tender sensibilities must keep out of the way.
Herman Melville
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): This thread is now in the appropriate board.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

Exactly what do you mean by “call barring”? There are two services which fit that description

Call protect which is free
Anonymous call reject service which is £4 pcm

The ‘credit limit’ relates to dialled call cost not service costs. If your phone bills are that high, you might benefit from having a call plan covering anytime & mobile calls.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jedmcd

I have any time landline and mobile calls calls at a price of £8 pm.

no calls made have been charged for and the longest been 7 mins at £ 0 cost.

no extra services have been taken or premium rated calls made.

My actual tel bill is £29 inc features and rental etc. (the other is wifi etc)

credit limit of £75 and available.

So total bill of £29, anytime calls allowed and paid for within the £29. No premium numbers or services used and yet a £5.76 extra charge? This has happened 8 times since 2016.m
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Clearly billing details need help from a staffer.

I do not think those charges have anything to do with call barring. I would suspect they relate to the cost of calls which last more than the free call duration allowed by the call plan.

For example if you make a 70 minute call to a uK ordinary land line you’ll be charged for the 10 minutes over the hour - about £1.60.

The credit limit simply relates to the total cost of PHONE CALLS you can make in a month before you have to make an interim payment.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Jedmcd

the longest call made this month was 7 mins to a landline at 0 cost.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser

@Gandalf - needs a wizard please!

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Fix

The call barring charge of £5.76 is generally applied when the credit limit is exceeded (usually due to call charges incurred outside of the plans allowances) or also if restrictions are applied after 14 days of Failed Billing (this charge would the appear the month after).

@Jedmcd, with regards to your bill I have had a look into this and provided further information here: https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=1703...

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team