Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what happens to downgraded phone package

hooverman
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

what happens to downgraded phone package

I was looking to find an answer to a query if a anytime phone package on  unlimited fibre 38mbs is downgraded do I return to evening and weekend calls  included or will i end up being returned to line only and end up paying £2 to get on evenings and weekends  ,I also pay Line rental saver 
      As the anytime calls are going up by 20%  I was thinking of changing my pay and go mobile to a cheap contract mobile, 
5 REPLIES 5
snj
Grafter

Re: what happens to downgraded phone package

Hi,
I'm trying to find this out too. I've removed the Anytime package via the Change Product option but all the indications on the portal are that I'll get no included calls at all when the product change kicks in (in a month's time). The email informing us of the price rise mentions evening and weekend calls are included though.
Also, if I look at the bill breakdown for the past couple of years there are two entries for calls packages - one states Anytime at a cost of £0 and another states Call Plan at £5. It's all very confusing.
Is anyone from Plusnet able to confirm?
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Hello
If you pay line rental saver then there is no free call plan, the evenings and weekends call plan is £2.00 per month (£3.00 from September).
Sounds like the anytime call plan showing as £0.00 was an error on the system, it's £5.00 per month, but going up to £6.00 from September.
Hope this helps
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
maranello
Pro
Fixes: 2

Line rental without LRS includes free evening and weekend calls. LRS doesn't include any free calls but evening and weekend calls can be added at £2 per month. LRS discount is £1.50 per month.
So LRS with free evening and weekend calls costs 50p more? Or am I missing something?
My other car isn't a Ferrari
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi  hooverman,
You have LRS so the call package would revert to line only if you were to downgrade.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 395

So LRS with free evening and weekend calls costs 50p more? Or am I missing something?
No, you're not missing something!. Actually your figures aren't quite right since the current LRS is £155.88 , i.e £12.99 a month which saves £3 month, so with E & W it's actually £1/month cheaper but not that big a saving!. With the new figures from Sept  LRS is £185.88  i.e £15.49 /month which is only £1.50/month saving , if you then add E & W at £3/month it's actually £1.50/month more expensive!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.