cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

want to cancel my anytime

weejake1
Grafter

want to cancel my anytime

hi i would like to change my phone network to use skype dual band phones.
it means that i will be cancelling my anytime package with plusnet and reverting back to the weekends only which is free with my broadband...
my question is ....
Skype do not allow emergency calls that is why it is important to still have the land line and thus the weekend package.
however does this mean that if there is an emergency i will only be able to call 999 at the weekend or will the weekend package cater for emergency calls at anytime through the week?
many thanks
3 REPLIES 3
spraxyt
Resting Legend
Fixes: 75

Re: want to cancel my anytime

The phone package just defines when particular calls are inclusive (free of charge) up to 60 minutes. You can make calls 24x7 at the appropriate charge which is defined in the phone tariff. However I think 999 is free at all times.
David
dragon2611
Grafter

999 calls should be free from all operators and generally work even if outgoing call barring is applied to your line.
You can't get rid of the phone line completely if you are with plusnet as they need a phone line to provide the DSL service on, you can however usually move it to another provider as long as they use BT wholesale provided you are not within a contract period, but if you were thinking of doing that I'd double check with plusnet first as any offers you may currently have might be dependant on you using them for both phone and broadband.
As others have said not having a call package doesn't stop you making calls it's just outside of the inclusive periods you will be charged for those calls (Unless it's a freephone number of course)
BenTrimble
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

999 calls are free - we don't even see the call records for them and hence could not apply a charge.
Both OCB (Biz call barring) & RTCC (Res call barring) allow calls through to 999. There are other forms of call barring which do not allow 999 calls but these are extremely rarely used - typically only in scenarios where we suspect abuse / fraudulent activity, etc.