cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voip call cost?

trizinger

voip call cost?

Hi, i am quite new to Plusnet and am quite happy with my service so far.
I was just wondering [maybe i am blind] but i cant seem to find the cost to call and receive voip phone calls?
I have made a couple of calls to my fiends voip phone [other isp] but this does not sem to show in my calls list?
Any clues readers?
thanks.. DAVE.
10 REPLIES 10
Steve
Seasoned Pro

Re: voip call cost?

Warm welcome to the forums,good to hear your enjoying your service so far,i think you may have posted this in the wrong place,not your fault though,im sure someone with superior knowledge will point you in the correct direction soon.
If life gives you lemons, make lemonade.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Does http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,1654.0.html help?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
trizinger

Er no?  dont think that does help unless i'm missing something?
I have called my friend who has a voip phone and  account with "voipcheap"  from my  "plusnet"  landline.
I just want to know what the rate is from plusnet landlines to voip phones in geneal  and of course to voipcheap too.
thanks  Dave..
itsme
Grafter

Call charges are done be number and not by platform. So it your friend's VoIP number is a geographical number (01, 02 or 03) then they are priced according to which landline package you are on. Likewise if it's a 0845, 0844 etc you will be billed accordingly.
trizinger

thanks for that,    my friends number  starts with 05 so will this be classed as local call rate when my landline is 01?  thanks..
itsme
Grafter

no, you should be charged for 05 numbers. This is the BT price list, PN will have similar charges.
puddy
Grafter

Quote from: trizinger
thanks for that,    my friends number  starts with 05 so will this be classed as local call rate when my landline is 01?   thanks..

Hi
Theirs nothing stopping you to have more than 1 voip account you too could setup an account with voipcheap that way if you call your friend on your voipcheap account the call should be free
puddy
ChemicalBrother
Grafter

Apologies for having moved this from Home Phone to Broadband Phone.. it was a mistake on my part. That will teach me to not RTFQ!!!
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
CB.
Just to add calls to 05 numbers are in the g21 charging band which is charged at approx 5p/min daytime rates on plusnet homephone and 4.784p/min (inc. VAT) from BT landlines.
Hope this helps.
paulby
Grafter

Just to add calls to 05 numbers are in the g21 charging band which is charged at approx 5p/min daytime rates on plusnet homephone and 4.784p/min (inc. VAT) from BT landlines.

From 1st January 2010 the cost of calling g21 numbers from PN will be 4.89p/min daytime, 2.00p/min evening and 1.18p/min weekend (plus a 9.3p set up fee in all cases) - see new call tarrif here.
BT's rates will likely change then as well to reflect the re-instatement of the 17.5% VAT rate. (BT currently 4.16p/min ex vat daytime which would be 4.89p/min inc VAT at 17.5%.  Applying 17.5% VAT to the evening and weekend rates from the BT pricelist makes them 2.00p/min and 1.18p/min respectively).
It should be noted though that some g21 (i.e. 05 range) numbers are classed as national rate and therefore inclusive calls on BT packages - not sure if PN do the same.  The relevant detail is on page 4 of this BT price list:
* - “UK” includes calls to 0870 numbers and to any number range charged at g21 rates and
shown as 11 under categorisation for Customer Options in Section 2, Part 11 of the BT Price
List.

The relevant part of the full BT price list is here.  The codes which *should* be inclusive in packages (i.e. the same as 01,02,03) on BT are 0551107, 055114, 05516, 055554 and 056.
I think that's right - the BT price list is an absolute nightmare to decipher!!!
Hopefully Mand will be able to clarify whether or not PN apply the same criteria.
Mand
Grafter

Hi there,
Currently only 0500 calls are free.
Other 05 calls are either classified as g6 or g21, and so would be charged accordingly.