cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unusual entries on my bill

irishwhip
Dabbler

unusual entries on my bill

I've been charged 83p for these "other" category calls, I don't recognise the 0844 number, googling it give me no useful info and the first entry doesn't even list  a number, how is that even possible?

4 REPLIES 4
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Re: unusual entries on my bill

Hi :irishwhip,

I've had a look into this and it appears that this number is linked to an alarm monitoring company. If you have a monitored alarm, it will have called this number automatically when triggered.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
irishwhip
Dabbler

I don't have an alarm system, the only thing connected to my phone line is my two telephones.
How about the 20p charge with no number listed, any idea what that is?

Optimatts
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 19

Hi there @irishwhip

Upon investigating the recent call charges on your account.

The 20 pence charge to a 'other' number is generally the use of the call return service. For example when calling a number in use you may get a prompt asking if you would like to use the ring back service. The person you are calling will then get a request for you to return the call.

You can see further information on call return and other fixed fee call charges here:
https://www.plus.net/help/legal/service-number-call-rates/

Regarding the 63 pence call to 08448001555, It appears to be the voicemail for a company called 'essex leisure', a distributor for pool tables and other pub equipment.

I hope this information helps.

irishwhip
Dabbler

essex leisure rings a bell, might be someone my brother called.