Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ticket #205914802 - crossed/switched landline

Peter_D
Grafter

ticket #205914802 - crossed/switched landline

Hi,

I have an open ticket for this issue but there’s no movement on it. Rather than calling again and the operator simply adding what I say to the ticket with nothing seemingly being actioned, I’m hopeful that someone here will help out

Last week our landline went down for about 10 minutes, we discovered shorty after that our phone number had suddenly changed. On calling our original number it just rings out so it seems to be still connected somewhere, just not to us.

A search on this forum shows that this is something that can happen at the exchange or junction box if the wrong wires are paired and/or engineer error etc

I raised a ticket last week online but had no response after 5 days so called up. The operator reported there seemed to be no actual fault on the line but escalated it anyway. A couple of hours later we had an update to say that any fault was now fixed (fault ID – 217259) It wasn’t, we still have a different number. From what I can gather, a test was done on the line, but it’s not the line that’s at fault, it’s the fact we seem to be connected to a different line!

So I called again a few days ago to report that the issue remains. The ticket was updated to say I called and that the issue wasn’t fixed but nothing since.

I’d really appreciate it if one of the help team here could look into this for me and give a little clarity as to what’s being done to rectify this.

Many Thanks.

2 REPLIES 2
Peter_D
Grafter

Re: ticket #205914802 - crossed/switched landline

Now on DAY 10 with someone else's phone number. 

I would have thought Plusnet would be keen to get us reconnected to the number they're actually providing a service and charging for.

This fault requires an engineer visit. If someone would just organise one, it would help.

Peter_D
Grafter

Re: ticket #205914802 - crossed/switched landline

Well, managed to get a helpful adviser on the phone who booked an engineer visit for Tuesday, something that even he admitted should have been done days ago.