cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

thanks - 21 minutes to set up - super.

cca

thanks - 21 minutes to set up - super.

Hi,
I'm old enough to remember when the time between ordering a phone and having service was measured in months, and then you had to share the service with your neighbour.  Having just set up a plusnet account I wish to say thank you and how impressed I am - 21 minutes from payment to a working 'phone - absolutely super, thanks.
Chris.
6 REPLIES 6
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Re: thanks - 21 minutes to set up - super.

Welcome to the Forum
you are lucky you didnt move from one of the well kown LLU muckers, they tend to delay it, cut you off early, delete your line
One poor soul on another thread, moved to Sky phone from BT to save money, they put it on LLU and he has lost his broadband, now trying to disentangle two contracts, Sky and PN
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Hi CCA,
I recently (2nd Dec) moved my line from BT to Plusnet.  All went smoothly and I kept my number, which of course PN never promised.  I was Ex-directory with BT and they have kept it Ex-dir.  Great stuff PN  :).  Keep it up.
Chandu.
sbbeech

I switched to Plusnet from Sky. Unforunately Sky cut me off as soon as I used the PAC so I was without phone or broadband for two weeks until Plusnet connected me.
TheIslander
Grafter

Hi CCA
Glad it worked out good for you.
I escaped from Talk Talk myself a few weeks ago and the switch from Talk Talk LLU to Plus Net. It  was very smooth with a very short interruption and connection switch broadband within a 24 hour period. I am very please with how it went.
The_10th
Grafter

Quote from: The
Hi CCA
Glad it worked out good for you.
I escaped from Talk Talk myself a few weeks ago and the switch from Talk Talk LLU to Plus Net. It  was very smooth with a very short interruption and connection switch broadband within a 24 hour period. I am very please with how it went.

We had TT not long ago trying to get us to sign-up for free broadband and phone calls too (am with BT presently) door to door tactics. What weren't you happy with out of curiosity?
I have considered moving to PN (happy with the BB service) but one thing is the retainment of my existing BT phone number as well as having free Caller ID instead of 1571 voicemail Wink
TheIslander
Grafter

Quote from: The
We had TT not long ago trying to get us to sign-up for free broadband and phone calls too (am with BT presently) door to door tactics. What weren't you happy with out of curiosity?

Their telephone customer service. They do not tell the truth. When I had a fault said they passed onto BTOR and the forum admin admitted that was not the truth. Also I was double debited on one occasion and only after speaking to their CEO dept (their highest escalation) then got my money back.
The last occasion was when their retentions called me and I refused to renew. Then told me that they would not maintain my phone line which of course was not truthful.
So if anyone wants to go to Talk Talk beware.