cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

switching from BT possible?

Grafter

switching from BT possible?

I'm getting some conflicting advice from PN which I wonder if someone could please give me their thoughts on: I'm looking to switch my standalone phone service from BT, and my Mother is looking to switch her standalone phone service from BT. I'm an ex-PN BB customer, and am not looking to come back, so just need a phone service. My Mother is a PN customer (after my recommendation). After 10 minutes of back and forth with a live-chat PN adviser, who said that PN did offer such a service, but I would need to call to set it up, I did indeed call PN to be told that PN does not provide such a service. Who is correct?
Secondary to this is the type of service that PN phone customers get in the event of problems. My Mother has been without her BT phone line for 6 days now, and there is no prospect of it being repaired any time soon. Customer service is all offshore, and frankly is appalling. I've been misled and lied to on several occasions, and my attempts to log a complaint have been ignored - hence the reason for moving away from BT.  What is peoples experience of PN when things go wrong please?
2 REPLIES 2
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: switching from BT possible?

I think that there are two separate things which are confusing support
Plusnet do not offer a standalone phone service so you can't transfer
Your mother - assuming her broadband is still with Plusnet - can and it can be done via the portal AFAIK - but if she doesn't have broadband with Plusnet she can't
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: switching from BT possible?

Sorry for any confusion here,
Just to clarify we don't provide stand-alone phone services I'm afraid, so I'm sorry we can't cater for your request.
Our live chat for sales is performed by a third party company so I will ensure that feedback is given to them.
Adam.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team