Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

relocation of incoming phone line

leo44
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

relocation of incoming phone line

We are having some work done on our house and the phone line will need to be moved from where it enters the house in order fot he builder to get on with the work. I telephoned Plusnet on 20th August to arrange to have the line moved. I made payment of £160 for this on that day but I have heard nothing since.

Can anyone tell me when the engineer is going to come to do this work because the builder can’t get on with his work until your engineer has done his?

8 REPLIES 8
TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Re: relocation of incoming phone line

Hi @leo44,

I'm really sorry to hear that you've not heard back regarding this just yet. I've reviewed your account this evening and raised a response via a support ticket, which can be accessed here. Please let us know once you've had the chance to read and review the ticket and we'll pick this back up for review as soon as possible.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Longliner
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 7

@leo44 It's really infuriating, but Plusnet can only request Openreach to carry out work on what is their wiring/fibre as far as your master socket. If the Openreach guy/lass is delayed on earlier job(s) they may not reach you at your arranged time. Hope you get sorted soon.

leo44
Dabbler

Thanks Longliner that is what I ask plusnet to do as the advice from Openreach is to contact your service provider. All I want is the connection from the pole moving off the conservatory roof so we can have the roof replaced. When I get an arrangement with openreach I will be here until the engineer arrives and I'm quite used to people not arriving on time for one reason or another. So we wait and see

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting back to us @leo44

I'm really sorry for the confusion. We actually wouldn't arrange an engineer to carry out this type of work you've suggested. I'd recommend getting in touch with Openreach directly, there's an article Here.

From that article they say "We can move, remove or relocate our telegraph poles, manholes, joint boxes, green cabinets, underground ducts and overhead cables to accommodate your construction"

And you'd have to fill out the form Here

The type of work we'd arrange for £160 is a master socket relocation which doesn't seem to be what you'd want. 

I can refund the amount you've paid to us if you're happy for me to. Let us know by replying to the ticket 217650590 and then prod me by posting back here and I'll make sure it's refunded back. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
leo44
Dabbler

Hi Gandalf I've replied to the ticket 217650590 and thanks. When I phoned Plusnet  on 20th and explained what I wanted done It is strange that the operator didn't pick up what you have just done and point me in the right direction. I was sure she understood English, so here we are two weeks on, back where we started. But as the manager of the Best Marigold Hotel said "it will be all right in the end, if it's not all right it's not the end."

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Hi @leo44 thanks for getting back to me.

No problem, I've now refunded the £160 you should get back in your bank account within the next 5 to 10 working days, it'll go to the bank you'd pay your monthly bills from as it's a direct debit refund rather than a card refund. Not sure if you paid on a card from a different bank or provider. We can't issue card refunds sadly due to limitations of our systems. 

Really sorry again for the hassle and delay with getting your roof replaced. Feel free to let me know if there are any further issues once you've contacted Openreach through the form or anything else you'd need help with.

[edit]

I've also arranged for some feedback to be passed on to the adviser you've spoken to so they should be aware in the future of the correct process for these type of requests.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
leo44
Dabbler

I have now filled out the form to move the cable. Thanks

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Sounds good @leo44, keep us posted on how it goes and what they say.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet