really bad phone line and no internet its a week what more can I do

LennyNero
Hooked

really bad phone line and no internet its a week what more can I do

I have asked a Question #113270392
I have phoned,
and phoned
and phoned
nothing, the phone is almost useless the internet can connect for (best this week 18 minutes at 800kbps).
I have asked for a MAC number, but just like my last ISP told me years back they are not needed anymore. That was a lie then.
I have no internal wiring just a master socked a phone and a router, please do not keep telling me to check the wiring because that would not be the cause of the other people on the pole/line unable to get a line.
I am on hold now the third time today its over two and a half hours on the phone and still nothing.
4 REPLIES 4
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: really bad phone line and no internet its a week what more can I do

MAC numbers are now extinct for most types of migration.
See http://consumers.ofcom.org.uk/news/easier-broadband-switching/
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

@LennyNero
I've replied to your other thread. I can see our faults team were responding to your ticket and asked you the standard questions, even though you may only have 1 socket this doesn't mean there isn't internal wiring as many people use extension leads and sometimes the equipment on the line can cause issues too. There's an engineer booked for tomorrow.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
LennyNero
Hooked

It took the engineer a second to agree the phone was dead, but the fault tester never found that.
Then 4 hours to fix it, its just working.
But nothing has changed with the internet its just getting slower and slower.
Well better than dialup, just.
It might be the router as that has locked me out on all my passwords and routes in,
wireless and its sub net has gone.
But there was always something wrong with it because it would take 3-4 minutes to reply via https when working fine, now nothing.
I cant telnet/ssh in at all.
I have waited the 'few days' for it to heal itself ...nothing
got2getatan
Grafter

I've got a similar problem, been without dial tone since BT engineer worked in Street last Monday. Engineer visited Friday and said he did not have skills to repair the line which was faulty 600 metre up my Street. Plusnet have all but abandoned me since I said I was moving to BT in December. I had decided to stay but after this carry on I might just go to any ISP that provides fibre in my area. Very poor mobile signal where I live so have been stranding at the bottom of the garden in all weather trying without much success to contact Plusnet. My broadband is a bit hit and miss and very very slow. Fault was dis 1 leg.