cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Your phone line is being taken over" - WHIT?!

TxRxFx
Dabbler

"Your phone line is being taken over" - WHIT?!

I've received and email with the below (redacted personal info) anyone else seeing this or has my line simply fell foul of a Plusnet error or automated system.
Safe to say I'm not moving or have carried out any actions on my account.
Should point out the next paragraph under this points out telephone numbers that I'm not familar with telling me to call them if this is in error.
Stinks to high hell of a breach or phishing scam in the worst case, best case it really is a Plusnet cockup.
Will call the main sales number tomorrow but keen to hear if this is me being slightly neurotic. Cheesy
Cheers
J
================================================================

Your phone line is being taken over
Here's what you need to know
Hello NAME,
Account username: USERACCOUNT
Phone number affected: 01nnnnnnnnn
Another service provider has told us that someone wants to take over the above line at (REMOVED ADDRESS) on 13th November 2015. This usually means that you're moving to a new home, or someone is moving into your property.
Your Plusnet phone service will be affected by this order. If you have an alarm, medical alerting system, CCTV or any other services connected to your phone line you'll need to speak to the supplier as these will be stopped when your line is taken over.
4 REPLIES 4
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: "Your phone line is being taken over" - WHIT?!

much more likely is that  someone has made a mistake with another ISP
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Yep, another provider has placed an order on your phone line.
I won't air it publicly, but feel free to PM me if you want to know who it is.
Quote from: TxRxFx
Safe to say I'm not moving or have carried out any actions on my account.

On the back of this, I have cancelled the order for you. If it happens again, feel free to let me know.
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
entbedford

I have just received the same email about "Your phone line is being taken over", but I have no plans to move or to change supplier.
Is this what they call "slamming".
I can't get through to anyone to do anything about it now, and when I reply to the email I get a reply saying that my reply won't be read!!!!!
Minty - I haven't got any more time to spare sort this out - could you please make it easier to reply that this is an error and just sort it out for me.
Thanks
entbedford

I got to Online Chat and they say that it was Sky and that the suggestion of a move has been cancelled.
Phew.