cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"This call is being diverted" message

monolog99

"This call is being diverted" message

Hi,

When you have call diversion on no answer / busy in operation, is it possible to turn off the "This call is being diverted" message and just simply divert the call?  

When you enable Divert Calls - the caller doesn't hear the message.  It only seems to be active when you Divert on Busy or No-Answer. 

Ta,

Tim.

5 REPLIES 5
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 93

Re: "This call is being diverted" message

Hiya, 

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you, we're busier than usual and it is taking us long to get back to you guys than we would like. 

Is the divert on the handset as a feature or a phone feature we have placed on the line? 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
monolog99

Hi, this is Call Diversion feature from PlusNet , on the actual phone line.  Would ideally just like it to divert the call without saying "This call is being diverted" , three times, before it actually does it !!

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi there,

I'm afraid that the type of call divert we offer includes the "Announcement" before the call is diverted.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@monolog99 wrote:

Hi,

When you have call diversion on no answer / busy in operation, is it possible to turn off the "This call is being diverted" message and just simply divert the call?  

Telephony services are provided by BT Openreach/Wholesale, which are rented by ISPs and re-sold to their customers.

Daisy Communications offer Call Divert with or without the announcement, so Plusnet would be able to do the same if they so wished.

• Customer Controlled (Announcement)*^ – £3.80 per month ex VAT
    This divert allows you to set up your own divert, and you can turn it off and on when it is needed. You are able to alter the number you divert to, and can also choose whether it diverts on busy, no reply, or unconditionally. This is done by entering codes into the handset connected to the phone line. When the number is dialled, it will advise the caller that the call is being diverted to another number.
  • Customer Controlled (No Announcement)*^ – £3.80 per month ex VAT
    This divert works the same way as above. However, there is no announcement advising the caller that the call is being diverted.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

While technically it is possible as you've found out, if I were to manually change this in the supplier systems, it would cause complications in our own systems in the way that the call features likely would not be able to be managed the usual way through the account our side or via the Member Centre. 

For example, our systems would think that "Customer Controlled (Announcement)" is enabled, but in reality "Customer Controlled (No Announcement)" would be, so if call divert is requested to be removed via the account, it'd place an order to remove the Announcement version which would fail. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet