cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Home Phone - Order cancelled" - Er, by who??

twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

"Home Phone - Order cancelled" - Er, by who??

"We can confirm that your order for Home Phone has now been cancelled."
Except I haven't cancelled it (Fuel Internet are dragging their heels with releasing our number for Plusnet to take over), just got this by email, so as they say across the pond, what gives?? Huh
36 REPLIES 36
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

Re: "Home Phone - Order cancelled" - Er, by who??

And now the fibre seems to have gone back in time to dialup speeds (having to tether to my mobile to post this)... Huh
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

I've asked someone with more provisioning expertise to take a look at this as things don't seem as simple as they should!
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

Thanks, there'll be a stern phonecall to Primus/Fuel Internet/Newcall Telecom or whatever the name-of-the-month is today, it's really getting on my wick that they're taking so long causing this issue... [insert smiley of frustration here]
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi twocvbloke, thanks for speaking with me this morning.
As discussed, there is a world of confusion with the status of your order. This will require some explaining, and I will try to keep this as simple as possible:
We placed a simultaneous order for you to get both the phone and the fibre up and running for the same day. This day came, but the phone order was delayed due to the porting of your telephone number.
This could be due to a number of reasons, but there are two very common ones: The old provider needs to fill out and send off a proforma to Openreach to allow us to take the number over. Sometimes they don't do this (or forget), and sometimes Openreach lose the proforma.
The engineer still hooked you up to fibre on the day anyway, which was nice of him. Though understandably, he didn't fully sign off the order as the phone hadn't fully migrated over. Your phone order has now timed out due to inactivity with the number port, and my unfortunate suspicion is that you have been, or will at some point be reverted back to Fuel's LLU network.
Whilst it seems that your service is working fine (as per what you said on the phone), clerically, the order has gone off the rails a bit.
So moving forward, I'm replacing the phone and fibre order for you when the opportunity arises. And I'll be keeping this account to myself to ensure this provision goes as expected.
Hope this wasn't too much to get your head around on a Friday morning!
Matty
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

Hi, thanks for the call earlier, just got off the phone to Fuel Broadband (I wish they'd pick a name and stick to it), their provisioning person says that the line has been taken out of their hands and the phone number is off their system, and they're passing the buck to either yourselves or Openreach, as the line in their words "is out of Fuel's control", so, if it is Openreach then they need contacting to get it sorted... Smiley
Where our number is, I haven't a clue, it's somewhere in the ether and calling it just goes to a SIT Reorder tone!!
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

Well, I assume the process of cancelling the order for both phone & fibre's done, as the fibre now will not connect at all, so I guess it's onwards from there... Smiley
Just a thought that occurred to me, as I signed up with the offer of 6 months free and with £50 cashback from yourselves, will those still apply after re-doing the order? Huh
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It will still apply, yes. The account remains signed up just the same, it's the provide which is off the tracks.
Sorry to hear that you're out of service for now. This will now be the case until I get you up and running.
I have placed the provision this morning but I'm yet to call you/update the ticket yet. Expect that this afternoon.
Thanks,
Matty
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

No worries, I still have my mobile broadband tethering via my phone on Three so not completely offline (but I have been spoiled by the 38Mbps fibre now!!), and good to know the cashback is still there... Smiley
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks for speaking with me back then.
The working on your life at the moment is an LLU I think. Are you ok to check if Primus have ceased everything?
Either way, the provision process is so confused that I may just provision you a fresh new line.
Matty
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

When I last spoke to Primus, they said that the account as far as they see it is closed and they stated that Plusnet has control of the line, though that could have just been them trying to pass the buck as they seemed to be rather put out by my asking the questions about the line and who has control of it, but as the account with them is not in my name (it's in the mother's name, and she's off rehearsing for a Streetwise Opera performance) I can't check again myself annoyingly!!
If you need to do a new line, then that's fine by me, as long as everything is working by the end of it that's what matters to me!! Smiley
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Well our orders are all fully cancelled (apart from the one I placed this morning).
Which begs the question who the in the world is paying Openreach to keep that line active?!  Huh
Bit of an odd one.
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

I'm sure Openreach will know, and if not, goodness knows, I get lost with all the stuff that goes on in telephone exchanges and the networks these days, makes a strowger mechanical exchange look easy... Grin
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero

Well the fibre seems to be back up (handy cos my mobile broadband seems to have gone down the pan with going slooooow), only noticed the DSL light on the fibre modem was back on while doing some housework!! Grin
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Nice profile pic!
Thanks for speaking with me today. I hope the other asset remains up and running until Friday.