Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ported phone wont accept incomiing calls

FIXED
richard2020
Fixes: 1

ported phone wont accept incomiing calls

hi i seam to  have a similar issue  that other poster  have  had in  when joining plusnet  in that my ported number no longer accepts incoming calls 

I reported the issue  and similar  to  others  plusnet  has  booked an engineer  visit  in three days  time.

there have been no physical changes to  the equipment  in my house from when the land line worked with the previous suplier  and i think its likely that the issue is with the switchover  at the exchange. and the release of the number by  my previous  supplier.

from what i can see Harry B  was  really helpfull in hepling  other customers  

can i avoid waiting for an unnecessary openreach engineer visit?

https://community.plus.net/t5/user/viewprofilepage/user-id/29052

for reference  the similar  posts  are linked below 

https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/Ported-Landline-won-t-accept-incoming-calls/m-p/1609341#M28...

https://community.plus.net/t5/Home-Phone/Can-dial-out-on-home-phone-but-cannot-receive-calls/td-p/13...

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
richard2020

Re: ported phone wont accept incomiing calls

quick update  I've spoken to customer services  again, the team member answering  the call believes that  the problem should  be able to  be resolved  by Plus Net calling Open reach without  the need for an engineer visit. 

Unfortunately as its after 5 on Saturday it may take to tomorrow. will see how i get on tomorrow.

Kdog
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 9

Does sound very much like a porting issue-usually happens when you move from a different network either virgin or LLU and the old provider ceases the line and releases the number back to the owner rather than porting.

The agent you spoke with is right-plusnet need to contact a specific openreach department to place a new number port order, though be aware that will be Monday at the earliest-the OR dept isnt open on a Sunday at all.

Also be aware that these aren't always quick fixes-not due to any technical difficulty but rather lots of different suppliers and orders involved, so in the interim make sure people know to use an alternative number to reach you. Hopefully it's not an issue, but always best to be prepared.
richard2020

Fix

update  tuesday morning

all sorted have  just  received an incoming call the phone line is now working.  

Plus net customer support had confirmed they had canceled the engineer visit when I contacted  by phone on saturday. 

all is now working.

thanks 

richard

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Thanks for getting in touch @richard2020 and apologies for the delayed staff response. I'm sorry for the issues you've had receiving calls after moving to us but I'm happy to see this is sorted out by our suppliers number porting team. 

Let us know if there's anything else you'd need help with.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet