cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet please help, elderly, vulnerable relative can't get incoming calls

chrisp

plusnet please help, elderly, vulnerable relative can't get incoming calls

My mother's phone line is broken again but, mercifully, after a worrying morning, she's just called me, so I now know that she can make outgoing calls, even though we can't call her (one ring, a click and that's it). This is a problem we suffer from time to time when BT Openreach are working on the cabinet in her road.

I want to get this fixed but I've discovered that plusnet are not taking incoming calls and, it would seem, not responding on twitter either. BT Openreach have managed to reply, even though I didn't tag them. Of course, all Openreach can do, at this point is suggest I raise it with plusnet so here we go again.

How are we supposed to get this sort of thing fixed? Is plusnet customer service still functioning or is my Mum's line going to be broken until coronavirus is over?

3 REPLIES 3
LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Re: plusnet please help, elderly, vulnerable relative can't get incoming calls

Hi @chrisp, I am really sorry to hear of the issue with your Mother's phone.

Can you please send me a private message with the full address including postcode/ landline number so that I can get this checked out for her.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
chrisp

Thank you for replying eventually, LaurenB.

I realise that all businesses are having problems at present but the complete lack of response from plusnet until now is just not good enough, when vulnerable people are involved. I tried the following to resolve this serious problem:

1. telephone - all calls to plusnet were diverted to a recorded message and then disconnected

2. online chat - not working, as usual

3. twitter - no response at all

4. this forum - your reply, at last

Fortunately, the people at BT Openreach were on the ball. Even though I did not tag them in my twitter post, they picked up the problem, contacted me directly, dispatched engineers immediately and the problem has now been resolved - a very impressive response.

However, I will have to look somewhere other than plusnet for my mother's phone/broadband when her contract expires, as she needs better customer support than plusnet seem to be able to provide.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Thank you for getting back to me and for the update.

Please be assured that we are working as hard to we can to ensure our customers are serviced during these unprecedented times; I am very sorry for the delay in picking up your contact.

i am really glad that you have managed to get this sorted however and please do not hesitate to get back to us if we can assist further.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team