cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone number changed!!!!!!!!

eddiego00n
Dabbler

phone number changed!!!!!!!!

My phone number has been changed and my broadband speed has dropped to really slow speeds.

I have had no notification of my number being changed this is really crazy.
9 REPLIES 9
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 30

Re: phone number changed!!!!!!!!

Good Evening, 

Looking at your account and line details with BT Openreach, your line hasn't had a change of phone number or any phone line change since you moved over to us.

However I have ran a line test and it seems your line is faulty at the exchange and you may be connecting to someone elses's phone service via a crossed line, I've raised the fault to Openreach and our faults team will be in touch to keep you updated.

eddiego00n
Dabbler

I'm sorry but this is really unacceptable I've had family trying to ring and also estate agents trying to contact myself as im moving property and all keep saying why don't I answer the phone.
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Unfortunately this isn't something we have any control over, a physical line fault has been detected at your local telephone exchange which requires a BT Openreach engineer to investigate, I have logged a fault with them to get someone out as soon as possible but this is entirely dependent on their availability.

Once an engineer has been confirmed I will make sure you know right away.

eddiego00n
Dabbler

Thank you
Darkfire
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Good afternoon, 

Openreach have reported the fault should be fixed, could you let us know how things are and we'll pass the message onto the engineer.

Thanks

eddiego00n
Dabbler

Sorry this hasn't been fixed as we are still on the wrong phone number and broadband speed is still slow
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Sorry to hear this Eddie,

The next step would be to get an engineer out. I've updated your ticket to reflect this, so if you could reply when you can with dates we'll get that booked in.

Matty

ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
eddiego00n
Dabbler

Replied I hope this week as I'm away next week and the misses is at work all day
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

That's been booked and you should have email and text message confirmation shortly.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.