Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone not working since 3/8/2013

pissedoff
Dabbler

phone not working since 3/8/2013

Hi
Since moving to my new property in mid June I have had nothing but trouble trying to get broadband and home phone connected, first with talktalk and now with Plusnet. Anyone would think I had gone back in time to the 1930's. Is is bad customer service? Are the contractors Openreach and Kelly Communications  incompetent? What is going on?
22 REPLIES 22
picbits
Rising Star

Re: phone not working since 3/8/2013

My money is on BT Openreach incompetence ....
Can you give some more information on the details of the issue ?
pissedoff
Dabbler

I needed a new line as previous line had not been used in years. Had 3 "visits" from Kelly Communications 2 on behalf of talktalk and one who visited twice for plusnet all three whined and complained and eventually the third got the phone "working" but i had to wait another 11 days for the internet as it kept being "cancelled"???? I can't understand how I can have phone but no internet and viseversa. I complained about the "engineers" they did not like it and the third on asked if i was going to ring his boss with a compliment now he had actually managed to get the line working. less than 2 weeks later the phone stopped working after 2/3 days of intermittant connections and really bad static. According to plusnet there is a major fault and it is affecting lots of people but I have done searches on the internet and can't find anyone else near me complaining. When asked why it is taking so long to fixed, plusnet have admitted that the contractors have damaged the line? cable? in numerous places. My opinion? The contractors are getting their own back on me for complaining and I would be surprised if they are doing something to my line everytime they go past the green box. This wouldn't be so bad if my complaints were malichious, but I am disabled and need a phone to keep in contact with family members who help me on a daily basis and as such I have incurred costs of over £200 by having to use my mobile for over 2 months.
picbits
Rising Star

Often the internet (broadband) will work on only one wire from the pair albeit at a slower speed. I've seen instances of customers lines with a broken cable losing the phone capability but retaining the broadband.
Hopefully if you bear with Plusnet they will get it sorted for you - they seem a lot better than a lot of ISP's / Telcos and now you're "visible" on the forums you have access to a great team of Plusnet staff on here who generally pull out all stops to get the issues solved.
However, not many of them on here work at the weekends Sad
Fingers crossed you get it sorted - nothing worse than having one of your main forms of communication crippled Sad
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi there,
Sorry to hear of the troubles you've encountered with your line.
I've checked the current status and reason for your fault and it is a common fault that will be affecting others as well as yourself.
We're chasing this up today and we'll provide an update on estimated repair time as soon as we have one.
pissedoff
Dabbler

Had message to say still being fixed and should be complete by 23/8, is this it then or am I going to be strung along for another 3 weeks?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

is this it then or am I going to be strung along for another 3 weeks?

We certainly hope not, that date has been passed from the engineers as an "estimated completion date" so please bear in mind that date hopefully should be approximate but may not be strictly accurate.
I'm glad the date isn't too far ahead in the future though. Please let us know if there's any issues beyond this Friday.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
pissedoff
Dabbler

Just had an email today saying that you are taking £39 out of my bank - you are joking aren't you ?????????
jim:red excessive smileys removesd as per [url=http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html#post_emoticons]Forum Rule mod:end
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

We're chasing this for an update as the fault is due to be repaired today.
This bill has been produced and we've applied for the direct debit, I can't arrange any refund for downtime until this transaction has now processed I'm afraid., once it has we can arrange this.
pissedoff
Dabbler

Quote from: pissedoff
Just had an email today saying that you are taking £39 out of my bank - you are joking aren't you ?????????
[Moderator's note by Jim (Oldjim)  excessive smileys removesd as per [url=http://community.plus.net/forum/index.php/topic,218.0.html#post_emoticons]Forum Rule ]

I was going for question marks and then 2 "smileys"!?!
pissedoff
Dabbler

Had lovely (?) email off plusnet informing me that the fault has been fixed and that I can now use my phone........
Shame it's not the case..............
pissedoff
Dabbler

My bill should not be £39, I have just checked itemised bill and you are charging me for calls, I pay for the extra anytime calls and I should only by charged when the call last longer than 1 hour. I have been charged £14.51, I agree that I owe some of it but not most. Just what are you playing at???? A telephone call would be nice instead of me having to do all the running about.
pissedoff
Dabbler

Phone still not working. no dial tone, goes straight to voicemail when you ring it. It has been doing this for 3 weeks.
Line active on 23/7/13 phone stopped working 2/8/13. Costs incurred by me:
direct to plus net £80.47 & £39 credit of £4.9
mobie costs incurred £200+
pissedoff
Dabbler

Had another email off plusnet saying that I do not owe all of money but that the money still has to be taken out of my bank and then a refund will be given later?!?
RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

Quote from: pissedoff

Costs incurred by me:
direct to plus net £80.47 & £39 credit of £4.9
mobie costs incurred £200+

It's a shame you didn't opt for a BT phoneline - at least they provide FREE divert to your mobile for incoming calls when you have a fault such as you have been experiencing.  Sad