Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone not ringing?

snadge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

phone not ringing?

my house phone does not ring although you can pick it up as if its SUPPOSED to be ringing and can ring out

I know the first solution wold be to try another house phone... but i dont have this option unfortunately

and just wondered if someone cuould check my side before i buy a new house phone

thanks

3 REPLIES 3
flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

Re: phone not ringing?

You can do it yourself here https://www.plus.net/help/phone/phone-line-troubleshooting/

I think you will need to try with another phone though to rule out your equipment.

2u2me
Pro
Fixes: 3

Unless there is a fault showing on the line it needs to be tested from your end, is it possible to borrow a phone and plug it into the test socket? 

Regards 

snadge
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 6

I don't have friends nearby (closest is 15 miles away) , don't drive, I don't really speak to my neighbour as we have issues

so cant borrow a neighbours, maybe on up the street, but its a bit of an ask to someone you pass and say hello too every other day with quick 10 second chats...

all I can do is buy one and see if it works? if I ring the number by mobile, if I pick up I will be there- it just doesn't ring (the house phone but there seemed to be a connection?

thus possibly making iit sound like my equipment