Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone line problem -crackling and noise on the line

GCotterill
Dabbler

phone line problem -crackling and noise on the line

Hi

I am having problems with very poor reception on the line with noise and crackling during calls. Could you you possibly try testing the line to see if there is a fault?

I have replaced the batteries in our BT  cordless phones and they are charged ok. I don't think there is a problem with them.

Thanks

Geoff

9 REPLIES 9
jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

Re: phone line problem -crackling and noise on the line

@GCotterill It would probably be quicker to follow THIS guide - it will auto-generate a fault report to PN/BTOR.

John
CharlieS

I am having the same problem. 

Unfortunately plusnet is proving very hard to contact at the moment.

jab1
Legend

Same reply, then, @CharlieS .

John
CharlieS

Thanks but the phone still doesn't work and it is still very annoying that a company that has " outstanding customer service " tells you to call back later with no facilities to contact them by email or even leave a message just vent your frustration on a community forum. 

jab1
Legend

It is not an 'instant fix' - they (BT/OR) will still have to investigate/rectify the problem.

John
CharlieS

So do you have to contact BT/OR because Plusnet is pretty much uncontactable.

So much so that I will be leaving as soon as I can get hold of them which is not going to anytime soon.

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

@CharlieS wrote:

So do you have to contact BT/OR because Plusnet is pretty much uncontactable.

No, 'fraid not.

BTOR accept reports directly on damaged cabinets, dangerous poles etc, but will only accept end users' fault reports from ISPs.

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
GCotterill
Dabbler

Hi 

I need to have this reported as a fault on the line.  Currently my elderly mum   is unable to pick up calls and she needs a fully functioning landline. Although the line troubleshooter is not reporting line problems we cannot pick up calls The phone rings but then goes to a single repeated bleep tone but doesn't pickup.

I tried replacing  the micro filter but no improvement. I have tried with a direct connection phone (not cordless) but that made no difference. A relative who tried from their mobile said the line come up as continuously busy when they tried to call.

This morning there was a BT van in our road as I went to work. My neighbour was having problems with the line and apparently a fault was found about a 100m up the road. Another neighbour is also having problems. The repairs completed today by BT have not fixed our problem.

Could you raise a call with BT. I have not been able to get through to customer services on my phone.

Thanks

Geoff

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there, 

I'm really sorry to see this and want to apologise for the difficulties in making contact with us. 

I've been running some line tests and it seems we'll need to arrange an engineer visit to get this looked into further for you.

I've just tried calling on each of the contact number we have listed for you but there was no answer. Please let me know when you can be available for me to get in touch. 

I'm on shift until 5.30pm today and between 11.30 and 20:00 tomorrow. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team