cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone line dead please update

IanL
Grafter

phone line dead please update

My phone line has been dead for about 17 hours now - raised a fault with you but no-one has updated me as to what the problem may be - can you look into it please and update me as soon as possible.
14 REPLIES 14
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: phone line dead please update

Sorry to hear about the issue. I've checked the account and can see that we replied to you this afternoon.
Let us know if you need any further help from us.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
IanL
Grafter

Disappointed that I  will have been without fully working phone line for three days by the time you send an engineer out this afternoon. If you had done proper checks when I reported this you would have sent an engineer sooner. I expect to be compensated.
IanL
Grafter

As I have not been given a correct and proper answer on my Support ticket, can you please confirm whether BT are responsible for faults in the BT fibre modem and the wiring they did for it?
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

disappointed that I  will have been without fully working phone line for three days by the time you send an engineer out this afternoon

Having checked ticket 74239734 I can see that you'd arranged your own non-BT engineer to investigate on the 9th and then contacted us again the next day. However I'm sorry for the 24 hours between you reporting this with us again and us being able to book an engineer visit for you.
can you please confirm whether BT are responsible for faults in the BT fibre modem and the wiring they did for it?

They would, yes depending if that's the issue, I feel it's best we assess where we can take things next after today's engineer visit.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
IanL
Grafter

Adam I think you have the facts wrong - you seem to be a day too late in everything you say! I paid for a engineer out of my own pocket as you refused to send an engineer out on 10th costing me £75 only to find the fault was with BT fibre optic setup which was fixed by BT that you later arranged and could have saved me £75.  Angry
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

Hi IanL,
I see you called on the 9th and reported your phone line fault, we ran some fault diagnosis checks on your line and no fault was identified, so we advised you to do some basic checks to rule out any internal issues.
You confirmed with us on the 10th that you had done the basic checks so we arranged an engineer visit for the following day. I appreciate that you got an engineer out yourself, but we only ask for the basic checks to be carried out so we can rule any potential engineer charge out.
IanL
Grafter

NO I was told that I would have to call my own engineer out. Please check your phone records.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi, really sorry to hear that - we certainly shouldn't be advising of that.  Could you advise of the time and date of the call so we can listen to it and feed back appropriately?
IanL
Grafter

It was Monday 9th 2:50pm
IanL
Grafter

So have you listened?
chrispurvey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 1

I'll chase this up with Matt.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, just listened to the call - the agent did indeed advise you'd need to get an engineer out to look at faults with your internal wiring, however this was in response to you telling him that both phone and broadband started working when they were plugged into the test socket.
I appreciate that the call was not ideal and there are a number of issues to feed back to the agent concerned, but looking at the above he was entirely correct in what he said. BTs responsibility covers the master socket, however any issues inside the premises from there are the responsibility of the customer.
IanL
Grafter

Yes but the socket was replaced by the engineer you called out anyway meaning I had totally wasted my time and £75 getting one out before that.  Angry
IanL
Grafter

"PlusNet - we'll do you proud? " - not this time. I'll look at taking my business elsewhere in future as you should have sent an engineer in the first place.