cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone line STILL crackling

kankusho

phone line STILL crackling

I have a persistent problem with crackling on my landline.  Bought new phone - still crackling.  Reported this and told problem at the exchange, supposedly fixed -  still crackling.  Engineer visit and found problem where the line enters the house from the street, supposedly fixed - still crackling.  At his suggestion arranged to have the master socket relocated at a cost of £160.00.  This was done yesterday - still crackling.  The only lines to the phone now is an external BT line.  Can't afford the time to wait to connect to Plusnet customer service. 

HELP

4 REPLIES 4
wakeman
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

Re: phone line STILL crackling

@kankusho  Welcome to the forums

Have you added a report to your ticket(question) relating to the still on going issue via your member centre?

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Hi @kankusho 

I would suggest that you refer the charge for re-locating the master socket back to Plusnet to argue with BT openreach.  The engineer was there to fix a fault - which he has failed to do - but "suggested" that a socket replacement would help.  At the very least he should have verified that the crackling had been fixed before leaving.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

kankusho

Thank you Aspiring Pro and Superuser for replying to my rant.  As of yesterday I hadn't added a report to the original ticket because I wanted to talk to someone at Plusnet if possible to that they could hear the problem for themselves.  To be fair to the engineer who moved the socket on Friday, the line didn't crackle when he tested it but on Saturday it was back and today is even worse. I have just now got through to someone (at record speed) and it seems there is no fault showing on the line but the operator could clearly hear the crackle and is adding that to the report.  A senior engineer is coming out on Wednesday so hopefully third time lucky.

Once again thanks for your replies. 

brendajorsler
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

Mine has been crackling for months and nobody seems to be able to address the issue as it is intermittent.  Driving me mad.  Loads of engineers and new indoor equipment bought to no avail.  Sometimes impossible to use the phone and broadband speed permanently half what it was originally.