Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone dead this morning

FIXED
Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

phone dead this morning

Just noticed that my phone is dead, no dial tone or white noise it was working fine last night, any issues in Inverness or has there been some one near me gazumped my line? as my postcode is new and sites have issues with it.  FYI no tickets in last 30 days about a service cease, unless it happened just now.

FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
10 REPLIES 10
Gus
Aspiring Pro

Re: phone dead this morning

so if it was fixed thanks as I just got a call I was expecting, now have dial tone and can all out

edit: did someone fix it remotely or did my phone just start working itself, or a BT engineer working on wrong line?

RealAleMadrid
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 59

Who knows what happened, I'm pretty sure PlusNet know nothing about it.Smiley

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

No problems detected over here. If it happens again, run a line test here and see if it picks anything up.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

@Gus wrote:

so if it was fixed thanks as I just got a call I was expecting, now have dial tone and can all out

There is some possibility of a short interruption whilst an engineer was working in the cabinet.  However there is also a real possibility of a duff wet joint somewhere, which the higher voltage generated by the ring tone dried out restoring the dial tone.  Keep a watch - do regular QLTs and listen out for crackles!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gus
Aspiring Pro

again today 3rd October and probably yesterday.

I tried to use phone troubleshooter but its failed to work each time along with livechat, I have no dial tone and have been told it wasnt working yesterday as I have been called then and today, that person came to see me instead.

Had a lot of rain over weekend like everywhere, but I also had this on 3rd August this year, it cleared after a few hours then but not this time

Gus
Aspiring Pro

finally got live chat working openreach due to not appear tomorrow or thursday 😕

Gus
Aspiring Pro

Fix

Is this the fastest a phone fault has been fixed!  The engineer just called to make sure it was fixed.  Openreach on a new leaf?

Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Had it happened to my parents twice, and BT were quick at fixing it. 1 day the first time it went down, and 2 the second time it did.

We have a manhole cover just outside our front garden (labelled "Post Office Telephones", remember that!) and dad noticed they had pulled it up beforehand.

No idea whether it was related to our fault, but I guess some are done at the exchange and some more locally.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Where there is a complete loss of service we do see these resolved faster than the estimated response time, glad to hear it was sorted!

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Yep @Gus at least it is sorted. Smiley

The thing with my parents is they're from an era pre-mobile, so to have their landline and broadband down is a big thing. Not like me who uses my mobile for pretty much everything.

I suppose if you're going to have a fault, like they did - it is best to have a "not working at all one", rather than something more nasty, intermittent and noise on the line. I remember we had one at uni, and this is a new one. We had radio coming down the phone line!

We got cable TV and phone and back in the day there was more than one cable company, which fixed it.