Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

number with held call glitched my landline phone

Gus
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 3

number with held call glitched my landline phone

Had a silent call earlier with a number withheld, on hanging up my line was still stuck its seems on that call as it had no dial tone when I tried to 1471.  After 2 further hangups it cleared.  Just a phone glitch or is this something else?
FTTP 500 regrade from Tues 28th November
2 REPLIES 2
Anotherone
Champion
Fixes: 21

Re: number with held call glitched my landline phone

Sounds like the calling party hadn't released (what ever the cause). Just keep your phone back on the hook continuously for 3 minutes during which time it should be force cleared. If it was international it's usually a bit quicker.
scream
Dabbler

Re: number with held call glitched my landline phone

Hi Gus,
This does sound like the calling party hadn't fully disconnected as Anotherone said, the exchange will still think the call is ongoing as both parties have not placed the handset back fully to disconnect the call.
Quote from: Anotherone
Just keep your phone back on the hook continuously for 3 minutes during which time it should be force cleared.

This should do the trick, the call will be forced to clear at the exchange and your line should be back to normal. The receiver will need to be down for the full amount of time though, if you do pick up the phone to see if the line has cleared this will re-start the time as the phone would have became active again.
I hope this makes sense. Smiley