Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not working

AlaricAdair
Champion
Fixes: 1

Re: not working

This situation deserves the Victor Meldrew Silver Award.
Now Zen, but a +Net residue.
djelite
Grafter

complete nightmare

djelite
Grafter

The below cannot be so had my telephone number over 15 years and have the bills to prove it.
Dear Lord Douglas
Although Ofcom does not become directly involved with individual complaints, in an effort to assist you, I raised a query with Openreach.They maintain the BT network and have information regarding what orders have been placed on a consumer’s line, and which provider placed them.
The information I received is somewhat confusing because it suggests that Sky Talk, rather than Talk Talk had the service originally. Plusnet did, in fact, take over your service on 14/06 but changed the number to (my number), which is the one you supplied us with.
Sky Talk has since placed 3 orders to try and transfer the service back to them, but Plusnet has cancelled each order. There is further order on your line from Sky; they have applied to take over your line on 5 July 2011. If you do not want this transfer to take place, you will need to contact Plusnet and ask them to cancel it.
In terms of you losing your number, you will also need to raise this with Plusnet as they appear to have your service; therefore, they need to take steps to try and fix the problem.
If the orders Sky placed have taken place without your consent, you may be interested to know that this is an extreme form of mis-selling known as ‘slamming’.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there,
As I understand it you've now talked to Riyaz (possibly introduced as Rio) who has this in hand for you - I'm sorry it's continuing but we'll continue to keep an eye on it and keep you posted throughout.
djelite
Grafter

When it was discovered that my telephone number was mis provisioned by plusnet to house number 27 instead of 17 was it not possible to contact openreach/BT and admit a mistake was made and get them to help with reprovisioning mine and other parties numbers back to where there belong? If not can i have details as to why?
thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's because there's a third party involved, and due to the data protection act we can't get any information or make any changes to lines belonging to third parties unfortunately.
djelite
Grafter

you already have made changes to a third parties number by issuing him mine, so this means you have already broken the data protection act.
So under the Data protection act is it legal to issue my number to a third party and to also change a third parties phone number without his express permission ?
Is it also legal for me to see all the third parties phone calls under the data protection act .
Information pertaining to friends and business`s e.g hundreds of private phone numbers  (there personal data all of which are complaining to ICO),my personal cicumstances as a disabled person and other information that goes with that phone number being released by this mistake.
is that also legal.
So am i correct in saying that third party who as your team well know is a vey abusive person gets protected by the Data protection act but your customer a vulnerable disabled person is not covered by the same act ?
If this is so under the disability discrimination act i am being treated differently to an able bodied person which is also against the law.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

It's my understanding that you're protected from his provider in the same way as he's protected from us. Unfortunately though I'm not qualified to comment on legal matters so it's unlikely I'll be able to offer much more advice than that.
djelite
Grafter

well obviously he was not protected from my provider as Plusnet have already changed his number to mine without his or my permission.
And i am receiving information about all this sky customers calls,He has applied for a social fund loan,awaiting ups parcel delivery and ringing sky complaints....So how is this protecting his data. 
It is not his provider that is in question it is Plusnets mistake that is not protecting my data by provisioning him with my telephone number.
A telephone number that has taken a lot of work to keep private :- number witheld,preference service,non inclusion in phonebook listings.
Although Plusnet are taking some steps to attempt regain my number,untill then this number will continue to receive mine and my families personal calls.I have informed everyone i can but without a phone this has proven difficult.
My son has already received a complaint from one record company and lost contracts from this.
I have been advised that this is passed to someone who is available to comment in your legal department..
Thanks
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

It's obvious that serious breaches of privacy have occurred. You need to raise a complaint with the ICO: http://www.ico.gov.uk/
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
djelite
Grafter

Thanks for that jelv ICO already have been informed awaiting reply,They were on strike today though so there will be a backlog.
I also know this is a genuine mistake and plusnet team have apologised profusely.
But untill this is resolved mid july there are extra costs to myself,family and my son has already lost a 4 figure 6 month music residancy contract and a record deal. That wont be replaced.(dont be suprised if he realeases a song about it)
Everything now having to be done via mobile phones and i may have missed some serious health appointments.
So i now just have to sit tight and wait for Sky to sort the other customers number before i might get mine back.  Embarrassed
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Could you demand that until the situation is rectified all calls to your telephone number are diverted to your mobile?
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
djelite
Grafter

Not sure as the person with this number has informed a couple of people that this is temporarily his number. So under data protection possibly not possible.
I have informed as many people as i can without the use of a home phone.But as sons job is in the music industry hard to let every one know as much work received from business cards left with various management..
Also my healthcare requires so many different  departments I cannot remember all of them as some do not make contact for many years.
One of the reasons I worry so much is because my condition can become fatal if not managed correctly (already lost a large percentage of right lung capacity), So although it seems like i`m a whining old git it is with good cause.
Upset and worrry can also have a severe effect on my health,Damn strange and rare illness called Spinal muscular Atrophy. Huh
djelite
Grafter

According to Ofcom who were told by Openreach 5/7/2011 is when Sky are supposed to be doing the change so please check.
thanks
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi there, thanks for the heads up - we've got someone on the lookout for the number and we'll grab it as soon as we're able. I'll let you know when that happens, the ticket on your account should be updated when it happens as well.