cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

noise on cordless phone what to test

crobertbailey
Grafter

noise on cordless phone what to test

Hi if i am within 12' of the base its okay but walk into next room in line of sight i get noise on the line and the further away the worse it gets, broadband seems okay so wondered what i could try i don't have a corded phone.
I have router plugged into main socket and then 1 extension with phone plugged in  plusnet supplied micro filter and nothing else connected
Robert
4 REPLIES 4
picbits
Rising Star

Re: noise on cordless phone what to test

Sounds like a dodgy phone aerial to be honest with you.
If you want a corded phone, ask on your local Freegle or Freecycle (everything is free on there). You can even pick up some nice DECT phones - they usually come up a couple of times a week.
If you're anywhere near Wellingborough, I've got an old corded phone you can have if you need it.
crobertbailey
Grafter

Thanks should have said it was a DECT  panasonic phone , and just a bit far away from you in Glasgow Wink will try and move the aerial first but its been fine for the last few years and never been moved this just seemed to happen since joining Pn
Robert
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi,
I'd agree that it sounds like the issue may be more related to the wireless communication between phone and base station than the line itself. When the problem occurs are you moving any nearer to any other electrical devices?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
picbits
Rising Star

As above - you could also try turning off your router  / sky box etc etc - see if it makes a difference. Don't keep turning the router on and off though or you may suffer a restriction in speed.