cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no phone

physicsrgs

no phone

I am desperate to get my phone back. It will be 2 weeks tomorrow since I lost it. Plusnet have tested and admitted that there is a fault on the line, although I still have a slow broadband connection. All I ever get is empty promises but no action. They say they have asked an engineer to contact me but nothing happens. I keep posting questions to the so-called Help and Support and adding to them, but nobody seems to read them. I have spent a considerable sum of money using my mobile for use when I would normally use the land line. but also trying to talk to Plusnet.
I can;t afford to hang on for "15 or 20 minutes". Then they have the cheek to bill me today!  Admittedly they have waved the broadband charge (even though I still have a connection for that) but what about my non-existent phone and cost of mobile use?
I have even written, a week ago, to the office in Sheffield. I have had no reply, so I take they do not read either. 
Who, on earth, gave them an award for their customer service?
17 REPLIES 17
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Re: no phone

Hi physicsrgs,
Sorry to hear about your fault. I've someone picking this up now for you.
Jojo Smiley
agrimax

Know exactly how you feel.Have also lost landline contact 2 weeks ago and simply cannot get anywhere.Original problem was that internet connection was lost when phone was used. Logged fault and BT contractor called 3 days later.Don't know whether anything was fixed or not as he didn't tell my mother anything and I was out. I was supposed to be contacted on my mobile by him, to be kept up to date on proceedings but it never happened.Went to use phone later  and there was no dial tone and it has been like that ever since.After numerous mobile phone calls,at my expense,I am constantly told that engineers are working at the fault and I assume that is what Plusnet are being told too. I happen to live 1/3 of a mile from the exchange and no one has been seen working from it to my house in the two weeks that the fault has been on going except for when the engineer called to address the original problem.My take on the whole issue is that BT (or in this case,outside contractors working on their behalf) are at fault and are not interested in sorting things because they aren't my service provider!However,Plusnet are being paid by me to provide a service and I feel that more should be done to sort things.Perhaps it's time to stop the direct debit from my account or maybe it's time to contact Offcom or someone with a bit of authority over these matters?Huh
GEORGE40

Two weeks! !  I hope my telephone is back on sooner than that.  My phone was not working yesterday morning when I tried it;  first time ever that I have had a problemwith it. My internet is still ok; no slower than it always has been. But I do not have a dial tone. I opened a ticket and had an email to say they are looking into it. Of course it is now the weekend, so I don't really expect a result at the moment, but hopefully by Monday I will be able to use my telephone again. I do not have a mobile phone, so I basically in trouble. 
agrimax

A  last!! Sorted this morning.3 BT vans around one pole and rumaging in a man hole at the base of the pole.
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Quote from: GEORGE40
My phone was not working yesterday morning when I tried it;  first time ever that I have had a problemwith it. My internet is still ok;

Does the phone work when only the phone is plugged into the master socket? Before I left BT I could have internet or dial tone but not both simultaneously. It was solved by replacing my Home Hub. (after much buck-passing between the BT broadband and voice line teams).
rodjer14
Dabbler

My phone started severe crackling last Thursday. I put in a phone call to PN and was surprised to be connected within one minute. At the same time my broadband speed had dropped from 4.5 mbps to 1.3 mbps. The phone crackling was sorted out fairly promptly but the broadband speed has now dropped down to 250 kbps and at times down to 130 kbps. Today the phone crackling started up again worse than ever and am having to use my mobile. I have been through the Broadband Fault Checker and I am told now that the problem has been passed on to the "Correct team for review". Hopefully, sometime in the future things will get back to normal. One lives in hope.
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Today the phone crackling started up again worse than ever and am having to use my mobile.

If the phone is crackling you need to raise it as a voice fault not a Broadband fault. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

rodjer14
Dabbler

I've raised both phone fault and broadband faults. I wonder how long it will take them to sort it out?
pierre_pierre
Grafter

BT systems will only do one at a time, normally broadband first,  they will spend months on that and say its OK, then the phone fault, = oh perhaps that affected the broad band, your move was a bad one- hope you only reported it to PN and they have the savi to sort the phone out first
reading back, who sorted out the crackling?, reported Thursday and sorted by Monday, surely not BT
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi rodjer14,
The phone fault is already been raised to the supplier, and we would certainly see to this first, as we always do.
Jojo Smiley
pierre_pierre
Grafter

Good on yer JoJo
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

P.S. I've someone chasing the status of this so we should get an update shortly.
rodjer14
Dabbler

Hi JoJo,
This morning when I got up the phone was perfect at 7.30 am. Now the crackling is as bad as ever.  My broadband downloading speed is down to 131 kbps from the 4500 kbps I have been getting over the past 3 years at this address. How long will I have to wait, as my wife is getting frantic.
jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi rodjer14,
I'm not sure exactly when but I've asked the phone faults guys to pick it up. As they've already got a workload they'll be fitting it in when they can, but it will be today.
Jojo Smiley