Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no phone line

FIXED
Irenecorbett
Fixes: 1

no phone line

Hi

I have not had a landline for three days, unable to access assistance from technical support. I have done all the checks as advised on plusnet site and still no dialing tone. we have broadband service.  My husband is classed as an vulnerable person with heart problems. please can you advise how to check if the problem is external. mobile signal not reliable here. 

11 REPLIES 11
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29
Irenecorbett

Re: no phone line

Thankyou for the links. our broad band is working. the chat is unavailable and when i called the customer technical support also not available. hoping plusnet tech team monitor the forum and will advise 

Rouble

We are in the same situation, although fortunately we are not vulnerable. No phone line (no dial tone) and I know we need an engineer since it’s a cabling problem. I can’t get the chat to load and every time I contact the call centre it is closed. Plusnet - Please contact us via email to arrange an engineer to visit - but please help the person who posted this thread first. Best wishes
Irenecorbett

So sorry to hear you are experiencing the same problem. so frustrating not being able to contact plusnet through their online chat service and as you rightly posted the customer service line unavailable. Praying we hear from plusnet soon, hope you are able to make contact to resolve the problem with your phone line. Have resorted to opening a twitter account as advised on plusnet site. 

198kHz
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 41

Try relevant links below & contact CHAT.

https://www.plus.net/help/chat/

@Gel 

There has been no Chat facility for some months, though one wouldn't know from perusing the Plusnet site.  :angry_face:

See this thread .

Murphy was an optimist
Zen FTTC 40/10 + Digital Voice   FRITZ!Box 7530
BT technician (Retired)
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

@Irenecorbett I'm really sorry to see that there's been a problem with your line, I've just looked into this from our side and line tests aren't picking up on any obvious causes. It looks like we'll need to get an engineer visit arranged with you, I've just tried calling your mobile but there was no answer. I'm going to update your account now with some information about that and you should receive an email about that shortly. 

If I don't hear from you in the mean time I'll try calling again later. 

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Irenecorbett

Fix

Hi Adam

Fantastic Customer service - thankyou 

Firstly, thank you for contacting me and providing information and assistance to restore our phone line. You arranged an appointment and assisted in assuring us we would receive assistance in way of an appointment next week. on hearing of my husband high risk you arranged an earlier appointment for today.

The BT engineer traced the fault to the green fuse box a few roads away and identified a damaged connection. Rather than leave us with out a phone line the engineer went out of his way to reroute our connection wires and have the damaged cables repaired later on this week.  

Amazing service, not only do we have a land line but have restored our confidence in Plusnet looking after their vulnerable customers.

For others finding themselves without  internet or land line it would be helpful if Plusnet could show on their web site the on line chat is available to enable customers to make contact when needed or an easier way of making contact.

During these unprecedented times, forbearance is  key in all things. Letting customers know Plusnet are listening will retain satisfied customers.

Thankyou again. 

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Thanks so much for your kind words and for taking my call just now. It's what makes what we do worth it! I'll pass on your feedback as promised and will confirm with Openreach that the issue is fixed. - Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
alexisbadek

Hi Adam- I'm having the same issue, just noticed I don't have a phone line, call centre rings out without answer, online chat not available. Can someone please give me a call/check whats going on? Cheers

BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

@alexisbadek 

Welcome to the Forum. You would do better starting your own thread rather than joining this one, particularly as it has been marked as fixed/closed so Plusnet people are less likely to look at it..

By the way: chat has been withdrawn which is why you got nowhere with it! I'd keep trying the phone as well as posting in a new thread here: maximise your chance of getting attention.

KatieC
Pro
Fixes: 11

Hi @alexisbadek

Sorry to hear of the issues being experienced.

I have now addressed your concerns via a ticket on your account, which you can view here. Please do let us know if you have any further questions!

Katie C
 Plusnet Help Team