cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no dial tone

FIXED
ukjam

no dial tone

hi all ive just joined plusnet and my broadbands fine but my home phones not working properly theres no dial tone but I can ring out ok but theres no incoming calls. ive tried the help section but still not working the trouble shooter just says oops some thing went wrong any help would be appreciated so I don't have to bother there call centre

11 REPLIES 11
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: no dial tone

Welcome to the Forum @ukjam 

The phone troubleshooter has a tendency to Oops! It may still have worked.Log in to your account and see if a fault ticket has been created.

ukjam

just checked nothing raised there

BrightonRock
Pro

Hmm. Worth trying again?

Otherwise, I think you are going to have to phone in. Or try Twitter. You may be lucky and a Staffer picks up your post here but they are stretched thin.

Geoff2055

hi,

Same issue. Have tried phone checker five times and got oops every time. Tried the 0800 number three times and it is currently down. This is really not good enough as there should be staff able to work remotely to cover any issues that are out there. i don’t use twitter and am finding that the live chat is also not working. So what next!

BrightonRock
Pro

Welcome to the Forum@Geoff2055 It is often better to start a new tread rather than joining an existing one as the answer to one problem may not be the same as to the other.

That said, disregarding the oops, has the troubleshooter system created a fault ticket in your account? Not here on the Forum but the account at Plus.net.

I outlined the options to @ukjam for getting help you won't get anywhere with live chat as it is no longer working.

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @ukjam,

I'm very sorry for the inconvenience that the landline fault is causing you and for the trouble that you've had with getting in touch with us. Having checked your account, I can see that you have now been able to discuss this with our technical support team and an engineer is due to investigate this fault on the 15th of April.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Geoff2055,

I'm sorry to hear that you're also experiencing problems with your landline. I've tested the line but the test isn't picking up any problems from here at the moment. Is it the case that there's no dial tone at all on your landline and have you experienced any problems with your broadband connection whilst this has been ongoing?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Geoff2055

There is no dial tone when we pick up the phone to dial out. There has been a drop in the broadband connection. On a couple of occasions the connection has been lost when we have received an incoming call. I have tested the line and did insert a micro filter. The broadband seems to be a little better but it has made no difference to the problem with the dial tone.

plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

I've taken a look at your account and note this has been raised for you. I hope it's resolved soon. Tony.

Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Geoff2055

Hi, after a week of reasonable internet, still no dial tone On cordless phone and just received an incoming landline call and the internet dropped, with the router flashing red before returning to blue. So issue no resolved. Have kept micro folder in place even though the guide says not necessary. Any chance that this will resolved sooner rather than later.?

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Fix

Hi there, it looks like we need to arrange an engineer visit for you. I've added an update to your account re ticket 200934102. Please let us know when you've responded.

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team