Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new customer no incoming calls and atrocious wifi

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 248

Re: new customer no incoming calls and atrocious wifi

@monty110884 I see your point, but they are a budget supplier, hobbled even further by the parent company, and they use the cheapest gear.

I give Trust Pilot reviews little attention, although they could be semi-right in this case - as on most review sites, you only see the dissatisfied customers, as most satisfied ones never bother posting positive comments - must say I work the opposite way - if I get good service, I say so, if I don't, I just avoid using that supplier/product next time.

John
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

@jab1 Those modern iphones are dual band. But, as you will know, there is a history of a Hub One getting confused when offering both bands with the same ID to an iThing.  I have a suspicion that it is really an Apple problem but, clearly, it doesn't happen with all routers.

@monty110884 I echo @jab1 's advice. One problem at at time: see what happens when the phone is working. Then you have options: one, if you can't get the wifi working, might be to try to persuade PlusNet that you have a faulty Hub, although I think that you should see that as an uphill battle.

jab1
Legend

Thanks, @BrightonRock I suspected they might be, but as I'm still running iPhone 5, I wasn't sure when they became dual-band. 😁 I agree it probably is an 'Apple' thing, although the atrocious Hub doesn't help.
I think trying to get another hub off PN is a waste of time and effort - £25 for a BT HH6 is a better option - if @monty110884 is going to be with PN for any length of time.

John
monty110884
Hooked

landline has all of sudden this evening to decide to start working! where do we stand now engineer has been booked its less than 48 hours

jab1
Legend

Keep an eye (or ear 😉) on it - if it's still working by midday, call and cancel the engineer - if that is all s/he was coming out for.

John