cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new customer been assigned a new number and I want to keep our present one

FIXED
bobklaker

new customer been assigned a new number and I want to keep our present one

How do I go about keeping my existing number?
8 REPLIES 8
DMcClelland

Re: new customer been assigned a new number and I want to keep our present one

You need to obtain a PAC code from your existing mobile provider, this allows the transfer of your existing number to another provider.

Once you have this code you can either call Plusnet or text the word PORT to 07507307996 and then follow the instructions you receive.

bobklaker

Hi, thanks for reply, sorry didn't mention it was house phone.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Welcome to the community forums @bobklaker, when signing up, if you provide the number currently on the line as part of the signup, we'd try to retain the number.

If the order has been placed without this information, we would only realistically be able to place the order on a new number.

Looking at your account, it appears it was set up without the telephone number as part of the signup journey, however I also note that the number was provided shortly after the account was signed up, and noted on the account.

I'm afraid automation had immediately placed an order to take over the line with a new number.

If you'd like us to cancel the orders and replace these while trying to retain your telephone number, we can certainly try to do so, however I do need to advise that this would unfortunately mean there would be delays with the service with us activating, as the orders would be completely cancelled.

If you'd be happy with delays to the migration over to us, please let me know and I'll get the orders cancelled and try to get some orders in place to retain the phone number.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bobklaker

Hi Harry, that would be great, don't mind the delay, thanks.
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem. I've responded via the ticket on your account with more information and I'll keep you updated there once I have more information.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Fix

Further to my previous response, I've got some orders replaced while trying to port your telephone number over to us. I'll let you know the expected completion date for your orders via the ticket once I've had confirmation from our suppliers Thumbs_Up

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
bobklaker

Thanks Harry
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

No problem @bobklaker, let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Harry Beesley
 Plusnet