cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need to ask about transfering my phone

mechanic

need to ask about transfering my phone

I have been a plusnet customer for many years and this is the first time i have used this forum.I have searched about and cannot find any frequently asked questions on the site.So please forgive me if i have posted in the wrong place.My question is this .I am currently a BT customer and wonder if changing to Plusnet for my phone would be cheaper? Also am i correct in saying that BT now own Plusnet?
6 REPLIES 6
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: need to ask about transfering my phone

BT have owned Plusnet for several years but they operate independently
If you are thinking of doing it call Customer Options (I am thinking of leaving) number as my sig and see what they will offer
Just going on standard prices Plusnet are a little bit cheaper and you will save the £2.50 extra they charge (on the more recent products) for not having the phone with them
mechanic

Sorry "as my sig"?
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The bit under my post - unless you have them turned off
Customer Options 0800 013 2632   
mechanic

Sorry Oldjim a bit new to this forum stuff.Its also getting a bit late for me ,5`o clock start this morning! But thank you for the info.Will phone BT and post back the result.
Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Don't phone BT, just phone PN as per Jim's number. Let PN do the transfer if you decide to move your phone, they will do everything you need to transfer your line. Bear in mind BT will want 30 days notice, or you will end up paying twice.
Gel
Aspiring Champion
Fixes: 29

And bear in mind if you've paid BT for a year's line rental (Linesaver), that if you move before expiry date, there's no refund.
When I contacted BT prior to moving ((to complain about big hike in Annual Linesaver cost year on year),
they could not match PlusNet's saving, though if I moved my Broadband to them from PN,
there would have been an overall saving as they would only charge £5pm for that.