cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my plusnet phone line has a crossed lined with another ladies bt phone line and no one interested

fieryfairy72
Hooked

my plusnet phone line has a crossed lined with another ladies bt phone line and no one interested

This is getting outrageous now.  got to the point where I had to disconnect my home phone line at 11pm last night because of still getting constant telephone calls for the other persons bt phone calls coming through to me.  I telephoned PlusNet yesterday and they found out straight away that the phone number I called from was the other persons BT number and not mine. He laughed and said ooh that's not good is it.  Apparently even though I am disabled and in constant communication with the hospital due to my disabilities I have to wait until Tuesday for anything to even start getting looked into.  The other lady has been in constant communication with me as she too has disabilities but she Is elderly and an infirmed mother trying to get intough with her numerous times everyday.

The other lady telephoned BT and complained and they told her it would hopefully be rectified in a couple of days and her calls diverted to her husbands mobile phone. 

After turning on my phone this morning.  this is Not the case I am still this morning receiving calls for her.  And looking on the BT site there is 2 fault numbers registered with yesterdays date.  What a laugh the second fault number says it has been rectified.  Ive tried telephoning BT and get indian people that can not talk to anyone else unless they are the account holder and she is so elderly they are telling her anything. 

This is not the first time ive had faults with PlusNet every year I have about 3-4 faults and they always seem to blame BT.  And threaten to charge me £50 if the fault is mine.  Seriously thinking about taking my account elsewhere.

8 REPLIES 8
HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Re: my plusnet phone line has a crossed lined with another ladies bt phone line and no one intereste

Thanks for your time on the phone. As discussed, I'm appalled by the way the advisor dealt (Or more to the point, did not deal) with this matter yesterday for you.

Although as a general rule, estimated response times would come back as 2-3 working days from our suppliers regarding external faults, in this case,, your line isn't actually testing as faulty and is advising to book an engineer appointment in the first instance.

I'm sorry to see that nothing had actually been booked on our side following your phone call yesterday. I will be passing feedback on to the advisors manager and ensure the appropriate action in taken.

Having picked this up this morning, I decided in the first instance to call your landline, to check if this had already been resolved by BT (Possibly explaining why the line test had come back clear) however I got through to the other person, so there is currently still a crossed line.

On the bright side, the other person did confirm to me that a BT engineer was with her and working on resolving this matter.

As discussed with you this morning, I've now booked an engineer appointment in for you, just in case, however I'm taking personal ownership of this matter and I'll be back in touch later today to check if the crossed line has been resolved.

Again I do sincerely apologise for the way this matter has been handled up to now. Thank you for your patience.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
fieryfairy72
Hooked

Re: my plusnet phone line has a crossed lined with another ladies bt phone line and no one intereste

Thanks Harry for telephoning me this morning and disgussing what has been happening.  With reference to conversation this afternoon Bt have actually rectified the problem now and i am receiving my telephone calls and not the other ladies calls.  

Thanks Again. 

HarryB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 256

Glad to hear that was sorted out yesterday. Thanks for letting me know.

Following your reply to the text message via the account I did ensure the engineer we booked for you was cancelled.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Harry Beesley
 Plusnet
fieryfairy72
Hooked

Hi Harry.  Unfortunatly Saturday 6th August 2016. the phone lines again crossed with my phone line and the same other ladies phone line.  She telephoned BT and they informed her they are coming out tomorrow being Tuesday 9th August 2016.  She has been told they are going to charge her £120.00 for the engineer to come out even though the engineer came out on Friday 5th August 2016 and it lasted until Saturday and now having to wait until tomorrow.  This is disgusting.  The engineers are using the phone line exchange boxes and touching the lines causing us both distress and why on earth should we be threatened to have to pay when it is indeed their fault and not an internal fault.  As you can understand im far from happy as this is more than inconvenient twice in a couple of days for the same issue and then its reactivated with the same fault again.

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Sorry to hear that. Unfortunately there isn't anything we can do regarding what BT do.

Is the fault now resolved?

Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
baldybantam

Funnily enough, we had a crossed line about 2 weeks ago, reported this to Plusnet and started a ticket.  I gave them our contact information for a BT engineer, and it made us less likely to use the phone as we could hear another person talking.

Unlike yours, we were not getting calls for someone else, just when we dialled out, if the other person was using the phone we could hear their conversation (no doubt they could hear ours) and we rang off.  This made us not want to use the phone in case other persons were hearing our business.

When we heard nothing from the engineer and didn't know if our fault was corrected or not, contacted again last week and were told it would be put on hold for 72 hours.  We don't know what is happening, we have now had no phone line at all for at least 3 days, totally dead.  We are at least grateful we still have an iffy broadband service at present, how long we wonder.  The lack of information is very frustrating, especially when you pay for a line which is supposed to be working

fieryfairy72
Hooked

I had the excuse from plusnet on the telephone and the BT Open reach guy that came out said that it can happen again and they are blaming it on the farmers.  Its not the farmers that go in the boxes where the telephone wires are.  Its BT Open reach guys only PlusNet did say that if it happens again they will investigate but its ridiculous. once is bad enough but to get this happening after the day repaired and I was getting the same cross line number as before was hilarious.   Like you said we pay for a service and not receiving it.  .  No apologies just told its one of those things that happen.  I ended up turning my phone off because it was annoying  constantly getting the other couples phone calls all day upto 11pm at night when I had enough and turned phone off and ended up making and receiving calls on my mobile which is daft as it was costing more doing this rather than using my phone. The other person was making phone calls so I don't know if im getting a bill for all her calls because it was showing as she was calling from my phone and as she was BT and me plusnet no idea when I will eventually find out.

RobPN
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 13

@fieryfairy72 wrote:

... once is bad enough but to get this happening after the day repaired and I was getting the same cross line number as before was hilarious.  ...

I wonder if anyone else has thought the same as what occurred to me last week when I read this thread - that the second engineer appointment cancellation didn't actually go through, and the second engineer swapped over the two lines in question thus reversing what the first engineer had done?

Maybe the first and second engineers were even the same person!