cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my phone line isnt working but my internet.

kell1950

my phone line isnt working but my internet.

B.t. have been working in my area .has this caused the fault on my phone. I have carelink which i need my phone for. My neighbour has the same problem with her phone
4 REPLIES 4
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 160

Re: my phone line isnt working but my internet.

Hi Kell1950,
Welcome to the forums.
It sounds like there is a local fault.  If you can see BTOR engineers working in the area I'd go and ask them if there is a local live fault they are working on.
Ideally you need to report this to PlusNET over the phone (use the 03 number if ringing from a mobile which charges for 0800 numbers) however there could be a wait.
Is your neighbour with BT?  If yes, then get them (work with them) to ues BTOR's online fault reporting.  Also if you know someone with a BT phone, you could ask them to report an issue with ringing YOUR number.  In days gone by the BT operator would test call the line and report any identified fault.
What do you hear if you try to ring your number?
Is the broadband ADSL or FTTC?  If FTTC that points to a major cable fault.  If ADSL it could be anywhere and expect it to fail anytime soon as your phone line us working on only one of the two wires  Crazy

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi kell1950,
Sorry to hear about the issue with your line.
I can see that you've called us this afternoon and that the fault has been reported with our suppliers.
Hoping to see that fixed soon for you.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
hillclimber

Hi I wonder how long "soon " is? I haven't had dialling tone since Thursday 27th and yesterday I heard that the outside fault couldn't be mended until 9th December.  Is this what Plusnet call "no compromise on service"  I have now lost my internet service and have resorted to a neighbours internet provider to send this message.
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi hillclimber,
I'm sorry to see the fault is taking a few days longer than anticipated to get fixed.
The lead times on engineer visits for faults are determined by engineer availability in your area.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team