Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

moving to Plusnet, with different providers for calls and rental

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

moving to Plusnet, with different providers for calls and rental

Sorry for the long winded title......
My parents have their line rental with BT, ( pay approx 40quid a quarter!!!!!!!), and have their calls through talk talk, around 20-25pound a quarter.  They wanted to move everything to talk talk, broadband and everything, but I have persuaded then the error of their ways, with talk talk, unless they have improved.  Anyhow, getting to the point, is it more difficult changing to Plus Home Phone, with the setup they have, and will Plus sort it all out from their end, or will my parents have to let Talk Talk know?Huh
3 REPLIES 3
Not applicable

Re: moving to Plusnet, with different providers for calls and rental

PN sort out the BT side of things but I suspect that they would need to inform TalkTalk of the cancellation.
I can understand why they would want to change to TT for everything as it is a good deal. However, it is an 18 month contract, which is a long time if they are dissatisfied. Also, if their exchange is TT enabled and they later want to return to BT or another provider I understand that there is quite a high fee to pay for this. I only mention it because I wasn't aware until fairly recently and as I was due to connect to TT when I first got BB I was rather glad that I didn't.  This was not mentioned by the salesperson when I signed up.
The Homephone changeover takes place within approximately 2 to 3 weeks and it is quite straightforward.
It is a shame that they didn't move to it before 30th April when the offer was on.
coastergrotto
Grafter

penfold:
That was exactly my situation.  Plusnet took care of everything, apart from notifying TalkTalk.    I was lucky in that a TalkTalk sales person rang me just after I had signed for Pllusnet Home Phone trying to flog their broadband service so I told her that I was leaving.   TalkTalk then sent me a letter saying if I didn't respond within ten days they would terminate my contract so it all worked out fine for me.    I then cancelled my Direct debit with them.
All your parents need to do is to contact TalkTalk, once they have received the email from PlusNet giving an anticipated date when their service will commence then they should ring TalkTalk and notify them of that date to terminate the contract with them.
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Thanks.  I will see what the oldies want to do at the weekend, and take it from there.