cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

loose cable from pole

shure
Grafter

loose cable from pole

The cable from the telephone pole to my house seems to have worked its way loose in the storms over the weekend and is flapping about in the wind.  Is this something I report to Plusnet as I get line rental through them?
7 REPLIES 7
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

Re: loose cable from pole

Yes, but don't expect a quick response from BT if the line is still working...
twocvbloke
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 3

If it's low enough to grab, then it's a problem if the ol' copper thieves (who'll be out in force today after last night's winds!!) see it and snatch it... Grin
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Is it dangerous?
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

these are the parameters for reporting direct to Openreach https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/contactus/tellussomething/tellus.do and it would appear that your loose cable comes into that category
shure
Grafter

@plusnettony.  It's waving quite merrily in the wind but too high for anyone to reach (about 3-4m).  But considering I share a border with a primary school and it's perilously close to getting caught on their fencing, then I'd hope they might consider it so!
@oldjim  Thanks, I'll check that link out.  Should I also report formally to Plusnet?
shure
Grafter

reported it to Openreach - thanks Oldjim - and they are going to send someone to inspect within 24 hours.  Waddya know, there are benefits to living next to a primary school Wink
PeterLoftus
Pro
Fixes: 5

Can we have our ball back  Grin
To do is to be - Neitzsche
To be is to do - Kant
do be do be do - Sinatra