cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line rental

Fireant
Grafter

line rental

maybe leaving plusnet to there ridiculous charges in line rental as i have found someone cheaper and these suppose to be cheap but maybe they are but shoot the costs up other ways .  Angry
10 REPLIES 10
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: line rental

Sorry to hear that, I believed our line rental charge was quite competitive to be fair.
Are you aware of our line rental saver offer by the way? http://www.plus.net/home-broadband/line-rental-saver/
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
Fireant
Grafter

yeah adam but its like paying advance if you have the money to do that then you save. 
i  can get line rental with this other company for £11.39 a month as really its a bill for nothing really as i dont use the home phone . 
Apprentice
Grafter

If you don't use the phone much have a look to see what Zen have to offer >
http://www.zen.co.uk/home-office/voice/phone-services.aspx
Fireant
Grafter

thanks for that  Smiley info
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

If ZEN can do those prices so can PluNet and any other provider. It just goes to show how we are being ripped off. Typical example of rip off Britain!
Apprentice
Grafter

ZEN will provide a phone service as a standalone product but Plusnet don't, you can have a PN broadband package and another line and calls provider.
ZEN charge more for their ADSL broadband products > http://www.zen.co.uk/home-office/broadband/home-office-broadband.aspx
You need to work out which is best for you i.e. a bundle with BB and calls+line rental or two separate providers one for BB and another one for just calls+line rental.
ITWorks
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 9

PN offer landline only through their Madasafish brand (no need to add broadband to the order),  with evening and weekend calls at £ 11.99, (paying monthly) , on the PN brand for the exact same service, £16.00 a month , £ 4.01 more month or £ 48.12 a year . Just shows how much PN is making on the landline!
http://www.madasafish.com/talk/
Regards
Mike

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Apprentice
Grafter

Yes the maaf Talk package is a good one considering it's a monthly contract and the call rates aren't too bad either.

I've just come over from maaf to PN (BB activation yesterday pm) it was the best case scenario for me as far as BB was concerned, my exchange is 20CN, I moved the line rental over from Scottish Hydro (SSE group) to get an improved BB deal and paid the PN LRS for twelve months in advance.
The PN call rate and the call connection charge is expensive and there is no reduced rate for evening calls or those made over the weekend, so it would appear they are using the "phone" product  to cross subsidise the cheap BB deals they offer for customers in low cost areas (market 2 and 3).

Edit > typo
glloyd
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

If I remember OFCOM would not allow BT to cross subsidise (one of the reason they starting charging for directory enquires) so why is it allowed with other providers. I think the whole industry needs looking into because I believe people are being ripped off. If you look at what low prices some providers can charge that proves it, they all buy from BTW
Apprentice
Grafter

Maybe cross subsidise wasn't the best choice of phrase to use  Undecided  but I'm pretty sure BTw charge an ISP lower rates with regard to broadband when the customer is connected to a Market 3 or 2 exchange. Therefore it's up to the ISP to pass on some of the savings/all to the customer via cheaper prices for BB packages which PN clearly do for customers in low cost areas.
It's not so obvious other ISP's pass on the savings to customers but maybe some do by making their phone packages far more attractive (cheaper?) when compared to those of Plusnet.