Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line rental saver

penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

line rental saver

Hi
Can anyone direct me to the link for the Line Rental Saver.  According to the FAQs, I should go to the product change page, but cant see any option for the Line Rental Saver.
Any advice???
Cheers
21 REPLIES 21
WWWombat
Grafter

Re: line rental saver

I asked for it within the ticket raised to activate the phone line. PN responded that I would need to phone in, so they could take the money from a CC payment using the security code. Maybe you will be better phoning support for this one...
Plusnet Customer
Using FTTC since 2011. Currently on 80/20 Unlimited Fibre Extra.
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

The link in the email was for pre-registration and I believe that had a deadline of Dec 6th judging by this
To help you save money we're introducing Line Rental Saver which offers you line rental for less than you currently pay each month. For a one off payment of £113.88 you'll get 12 months line rental - that's the equivalent of £9.49 a month, saving you £42 over a year. You can register now for Line Rental Saver and we'll switch you over on your first bill after 6th December.

This should have covered it http://www.plus.net/residential/line-rental-saver-faqs.shtml but the link doesn't go anywhere
You could try this link which was for pre registration  https://portal.plus.net/apps/linerental/saver/register however I believe that after the 6th Dec it would need to be paid by credit card not standing order
anniesboy
Rising Star

Mine was just added to my Direct Debit payment.
Type "line rental saver" into search that will find it,  not obvious I agree.
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I signed up for it but it wasn't taken. Apparently there is a problem Sad
Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
chandu
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

I registered for Line rental saver and got a response that my line rental will leave my nominated bank account on 25 December via DD to coincide with my BB account date.  So, I wait and see if there is/are any problem/s.
Chandu.
dick:quote
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

As posted in another thread
Quote from: alanf
Today I received "advanced notice" of the direct debit that Plusnet is going to take from my bank account. Having taken my LRS payment  PN still billed me £12.99 for the line rental. Despite getting on the phone within 10 minutes of the email arriving I was told that the DD cannot be stopped and that the overpayment will be refunded once it is received.

Well the promised refund wasn't initiated and when I complained the agent who had to manually initiate a refund informed me that I should allow up to 10 banking days for a refund to reach me! So Plusnet is very quick to take money when billing but very slow to refund when a mistake is made. In the days of Faster Payments such delays are totally unnecessary.
I also sought an assurance that I wouldn't be over-billed next month. I was informed that there are problems with the billing software that are being investigated so I would not be surprised if the procedure has to be repeated next month. Before seeking new customers by sponsoring Big Brother isn't it about time that Plusnet got to the bottom of the recurring billing problems?
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi alanf,
Really sorry about that. I can assure you we are investigating those issues, billing is certainly not something we take lightly. I can see the refund is now going through (though am very sorry it didn't happen at the time) and can confirm that your next bill will show line rental on the invoice but for a value of £0.00 as it should be.
Hope that helps.
nadger
Rising Star

My direct debit, which includes line saver, is showing on my bank account, transactions pending, for tomorrow 23rd December.
orbrey
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hmm, I can see the invoice and the line item is set to a value of £0.00? Please let us know if it doesn't go through like that.
nadger
Rising Star

Hi Matt
Tomorrow's payment to Plusnet shows as £117.37 which is correct as per invoice and referrals.
penfold
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Thanks
Well I wanted to pay by Credit card anyway, so will phone in.  Would have liked some reply from the digital care team, especially as certain links either go nowhere, or lead to random places where you cant do what is needed.
Maybe someone needs to go though the portal and check links out.......
nadger
Rising Star

Final confirmation that £117.37 went from my account this morning so, for me at least, the account system worked well  Smiley
alanf
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 1

Post removed as it was not in the intended topic.
tgr
Grafter

Well I have just logged in had my money in my sweaty palm to pay a full years rental read all the entries and put my money back into my pocket after all we are not really dealing with plus net but with BT.  Just bought a phone from BT freestyle 750 this is a good  phone but guess what it has speed dial and the no 1 is allocated to BT help so i pressed it and got the following msg this number is unobtainable please check and try again, also you can only put names in of 8 letters so if you know several people called shall we say George that leaves two letters for the surname.   Do not get me wrong I like Plusnet and their staff but BT!!!!!!