cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line in use - no dial tone

nanamaureen
Hooked

line in use - no dial tone

I am in Shavington, Crewe, Cheshire. Have no dial tone, if I try to dial a number I get a message that says ….. LINE IN USE ...

if anyone rings here,to them it just rings and rings, but I can not hear anything. 

Have tried all the advice given online, checking sockets etc, plug in main socket etc.

cant get online very well. keeps stopping. Cant ring plusnet helpline as not working, just tells you come online.

Fell like I am going around in circles and cant get any answers. 

Totally unsatisfied with the service. Taken me all day yesterday and today just to get this far, which is really no further forward.

6 REPLIES 6
BrightonRock
Pro
Fixes: 7

Re: line in use - no dial tone

Welcome to the Forum @nanamaureen 

There might be Plusnet People around in the forum still this afternoon; if so, they may pick this up.

Do you still have internet, albeit intermittently? If so there is a series of checks at https://www.plus.net/help/phone/phone-line-troubleshooting/  They include a line test which would probably report faults to Plusnet/Openreach.

I put it like that because the test can give an error message but still generate a report. After you have run the test, and if it says oops!, look on your Plusnet account to see if it has created a ticket. You can check for tickets here - https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=search

nanamaureen
Hooked

yes but not long enough to do anything with, will keep trying tho, thank you Cheesy 

BrightonRock
Pro

Concentrate on doing the line test

nanamaureen
Hooked

treid what you suggested, thank you but not helped. 

I hasnt logged either. Really at a loss here but apricate your time thank you 

BrightonRock
Pro

That's a shame. Keep trying the phone? I don't know if there is anyone from Plusnet there at the moment (I don't use either) but you could try the Twitter and Facebook feeds?

EdWeasley
Rising Star
Fixes: 3

Hi @nanamaureen,

Thank you for taking your time to get in touch.

I am very sorry that you are having a problem with our service. As my response contains account sensitive information this is not something I can provide over this platform. I have created a support question on your account with the answer and you are able to respond to this. You can view this on the following link. https://www.plus.net/wizard/?p=view_question&id=201202636

Kind regards,

Josh

Josh Berriman
 Plusnet Help Team