cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

line fault for 21 days - little progress

djg

line fault for 21 days - little progress

Hello,

7 households in our area are still waiting for a fix to our phones and broadband. I've visited the cable fault site and can see a broken cable bundle end lying in a field with not much other signs of activity apart from marked pole and an attempted patch around. I have two faults in and they aren't updated very frequently which suggests that PN are waiting for BTW rather than checking. I poked the phone fault today and still no response. All of the households concerned are with different providers and we're all getting different answers! Can you please give me an estimate to fix? We have had no phone and no broad band for 21 days!  PN faults 100751317 + 100480767 BTW fault 5-7-*****39 (best I can offer chat transcript blanked ref).
Thanks in advance.
9 REPLIES 9
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: line fault for 21 days - little progress

I'm sorry to see that you're experiencing problems. As numerous people are affected, it's classed as a common fault and you should find everything possible being done to sort it for you. The latest notes don't say a completion time, but they do confirm that "Poling work is required . Aerial cable needs to renewed." (sic). We will continue to chase for more information for you.
EDIT: I've called BT for you, but unfortunately we've had some bad news in terms of times cales. I'll update the ticket when I come off the call.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
djg

Thanks for taking the trouble!
djg

Yikes! 17th of April!! it takes BTW 38 days to diagnose fault, replace 1 pole and run 300 m of cable!! If we could get broadband back to any bandwidth that would probably ease most of our pain. Mobile signal is terrible and there is no gsm never mind g3/4. We'd really appreciate data back at least would that be possible?
Thanks in advance.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I've tried to get a temporary line sorted for you, but there is a BIG but. Normally, when faults go down for such a long time, I'd imagine this to be automatic, the facts that it's not been done suggests it may not be possible.
Temporary lines tend to have poorer speeds compared to what you are used to too unfortunately.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
djg

Enough data for email would be better than nothing, we are (unfortunately) very used to poor speeds with 2.5 Mbits being the top rate. We want collectively to be rewired to nearby fibre cabinets but BTW refuse. The irony being we were one of the first exchanges to be hooked up to 'super fast' broadband - except our line which is now broken and they are fixing very (very!) slowly back to a very slow line. Wouldn't this be the perfect opportunity to consider re-routing to fibre cabinet? Thanks in advance.   
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I'd never known them re-route a line like that. It would make things so much easier for us if they did!
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 159

Quote from: djgplusnet
I've visited the cable fault site and can see a broken cable bundle end lying in a field with not much other signs of activity apart from marked pole and an attempted patch around.

So there's exposed wires not protected from public access?  Could be dangerous if there is ring voltage / current on the exposed wires - you might get traction with this approach... https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/contactus/tellussomething/tellus.do

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

djg

Thanks for the tip TBH it's in a middle of a field and only someone who hadn't had phones/BB for 3 weeks would be determined enough to investigate! Good news is they've put a frankenstein patch in with 5 sub cables bridging the main bundle break. So far phones back BB a bit bumpy but there and looking forward to permanent fix. Forums *do* work! Cheers!
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff

I'm pleased they've got the temporary service sorted, just hope the permanent issue is fixed soon.
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team